Tuesday - WED -- STORM and Turtle Crawl CAFE
11 April 2018 | GTC -- mooring
Dean -- HOT - STORMY -- RAIN
Tuesday - WED --- 10-11 April 2018 - GTC - Turtle Crawl Restaruant Lunch - STORM
Yesterday (Tuesday) was "fresh greens" day at the hydroponic gardens, near the Leeward Yacht club... So we all (SEEKER; and AB) walked down there.... And bought greens.... We bought 'greens' for SECOND WIND...(Bill and Laura), because they were late in rising, and weren't 'ready' to go....when the caravan left the boats...
Anyway... after 'greens' trip the only thing we really had "planned" was LUNCH at the The "Turtle Crawl Café" ; Expensive, but great, healthy food (nothing fried).... $$$ and VERY GOOD Service.
In the afternoon, the wind all but died... and the temperature was in the high, high 80's...so Susan and I went swimming.... And played around on the SUP (paddle board).... Sitting on it... swimming up onto it, etc. Just having fun... and being WET. We stopped doing that JUST IN TIME for the "happy Hour" on SEEKER at 1700 hours.
Happy Hour was fun... with crews from Dalmatian; Second Wind, and AB. BUT...as the sun set, and Tom blew the celebratory CONCH... it was time to leave.... A weather front was approaching FAST.... And I mean FAST!!!! We no sooner got back to the AB, and 'zipped IN the front glass of the BIMINI than this front HIT us.... Had to be 35 knots of wind....OR over...
We shut down the wind Generator, which had all but 'taken OFF'.... (saved itself, by 'freewheeling')... Tom's wind GEN was making a thunderous racket over on Dalmatian.
I went back out in the "Blow" to put a second security tie down on the dinghy.... I figured we could find the paddleboard in the mangroves IF that decided to go "walk-about".... But the dinghy must be secured.
The storms dissipated overnight, but re-appeared this morning early.... With lightning, and deluge type rain. I opened the water-FILL on the port side of AB.... Laid down our "dam"... and literally FILLED on empty 40 gallon tank in minutes!!!!
The WX forecast says rain on and off throughout the day today.... So... looks like a music, and inside project day...
Speaking of WX forecasts.... Looks like we WILL NOT be taking this "very Brief" window back to the USA... Friday / SAT. BUT, the good news is AFTER the wild SUNDAY weather, next week looks pretty good for a crossing. I'll have to modify our "float Plan" a bit... (filed with the USCG - SVRS), but no problem.
OK.... WELL... it's raining again.... (figures!!! ; I just pumped out the dinghy - about 9 inches of water in the stern).
One tiny project from yesterday... that makes a big difference... is I adjusted the Low Idle speed Mixture, and Idle speed on the Mercury outboard (dinghy motor)... SEEMS like a small thing, but it's disconcerting when it stalls AFTER a high speed run (coming down to idle speed).... NOT a good feeling ever !!!! SO....... ALL better now... ;) yeah (touch wood here) KNOCK!!