Autumn Borne Cruising

CSY-44 Antigua - Hull 001

01 January 2024 | Shady Harbor Marina -- Coyman's Landing
22 November 2022 | Beaufort SC
06 September 2022 | Catskill NY
15 July 2022 | Catskill
02 July 2022 | catskill, NY
19 June 2022 | Catskill NY
05 June 2022 | Catskill Marina
02 February 2022 | VERO Beach
05 September 2021 | Catskill Marina
22 July 2021 | Catskill NY
11 July 2021 | Dock at Catskill Marina
24 June 2021 | Catskill Marina
24 June 2021 | Catskill, NY
19 June 2021 | CATSKILL

Thursday - Paperwork - blog -- filing

30 January 2020
Dean Perry
Thursday – 30 Jan 2020 --- Vero Beach mooring ball 26
I haven’t posted in a while so here goes…. Not necessarily in the correct Chronological order…
Yesterday… WED. the Morning was spent assisting Earl in trouble shooting his outboard motor, which was hanging in our aft deck work-shop… (just the aft deck space really!! )… but we’ve got the motor lift back there which makes swinging and handling the big four-stroke motor a lot easier…
Anyway… after poking at the “clog” (in the cooling water ‘tell-tale’) with wire, and squirting with our anchor wash pressure pump hose… we discovered a hole in the exhaust gasket…spraying water into the motor head case… NOT GOOD… SO… Earl put the motor (3 pieces) back together… and took it back to SEEKER… for more Thought on “what to do”… (Could it be the water pump ??? )
SO… the afternoon included a trip to the office to extend our stay here at VERO for several more weeks… then we spent the remainder of the afternoon with Marylou and Tom Stano (s/v Dalmatian – 53 foot Pearson); visiting and playing music…
Wed. night we couldn’t find anything worthwhile on TV broadcast.. .so we watched Mission Impossible 2 (movie).
Tuesday (as I mentioned out of order)… While the generator was running in the AM… I made fresh water… (to keep the membrane in shape); and fresh water flushed it afterward… Then put 3 gallons of gasoline in the dinghy tank… (we needed it badly…… NO FUN running out of fuel here in the wind…)
We also called Mike and Donna (s/v MOJO – ex-cruisers)… to see how she was.. .and to arrange return of her Tupperware containers from the leftovers from the other night ashore at their home….
I completed one small task before it became a requirement… I added a large wire tie to one of our two RADAR reflectors… thus tying it to a shroud wire…. SO… when (not IF) the line holding it to the lower spreader fails the reflector falls straight down the wire shroud, and not onto the deck or hatches or overboard.
ONE task that I intend to complete today…is the FILING of the miscellaneous paperwork (presently jammed into my log book and maintenance manual shelf…. I like to keep the contacts (and work items; things added to or subtracted from the Boat’s inventory up to date)…. Also contact phone numbers; Earl needed the V-card (phone numbers and address) of Vinnie at Complete Marine Services (the firm that fixed our “cat’s-ASS syndrome” on our Mercury outboard a couple years ago…
Today… is sort of overcast outside… SUN later… so it’s ideal to play some music.. clean the salon, and do some paperwork (mentioned above).
I’d also like to try this new PHONE APP… (forgotten the name of it)… but you’re supposed to be able to SCAN old photos in albums and save them in digital format…easily… I have a couple of photo albums on board… and I’m a little afraid of what this salt laden air will do to them…. I know it’s (the salt air) is drying out my Gibson Guitar…. That’s one more project that has to be done… GET out the J-B Weld and patch up one more section of the inlay that’s has come adrift.
OK… that’s it for today…. OH... the PHOTO.. is of a bottle of Dom Perignon shared with us for our 52 wedding anniversary.... almost forgot... (the picture NOT the Anniversary!)


Comments
Vessel Name: Autumn Borne
Vessel Make/Model: CSY-44-Antigua
Hailing Port: Buffalo, New York
Crew: Dean and Susan Perry
About: Full time cruisers for 14 years, now. We cruise about 3500 nautical miles each season, from the top of the Hudson River (NY) to either the FL keys; the Bahamas; or the west side of FL, for the Winters.
Extra: Our CSY-44-Antigua is hull #001.
Autumn Borne's Photos - Main
Autumn Borne has new home in 2020 - summer...
14 Photos
Created 25 August 2020
Vero Beach 2020 - Limit to this seasons southerly travels... Activities and Projects.
9 Photos
Created 24 February 2020
Summer Projects on Autumn Borne
8 Photos
Created 21 August 2019
preparation projects on the AB...for trip south
6 Photos
Created 30 September 2018
Goodwill Date NIGHT at the pool at HOP-O-Nose. Great Fun with good folks. spouses buy outfits for the other party.
5 Photos
Created 6 August 2017
2017 Trip to the Abacos Islands - BAHAMAS
4 Photos
Created 15 February 2017
Wonderful time at St. Marys GA -
8 Photos
Created 1 December 2016
Bill and Janet took us to Wilmington NC ( aka "the big city") by car on FRiday... GREAT TRIP
6 Photos
Created 16 April 2016
We were invited for Pasta Night with Mike and Vickie McKinnon, to the new home of Michele and Steve Papile (s/v John Rae). Wonderful day !!
6 Photos
Created 19 February 2016
our times at VERO Beach
7 Photos
Created 9 February 2016
FALL 2015 - Trip South along EAST Coast of USA
8 Photos
Created 15 November 2015
Wonderful time at a Finger-Lakes wine tasting tour, organized by our daughter, Ruth. The tour was followed by a B-day celebration, and dinner at a local restaurant. Friends, and Relatives gathered from all over NY, and PA. GREAT TIME !!!
7 Photos
Created 18 September 2015
After Key West - winter of 2015 spent in Boot Key Harbor, and Marathon FL. Lot's of friends here...
12 Photos
Created 19 April 2015
Vacation from Cruising... Becoming a tourist again.... and a wonderful visit from our kids.
6 Photos
Created 22 February 2015
AB on the Hard for bottom work, and new paint. Propeller staightened, and cleaned up by professional prop shop.... two dents, and numerous nicks... and scratches...gone now... plus "pitch" checked and trued... Cutless bearing removed, and reset...
9 Photos
Created 18 December 2014
Cumberland Island GA - great place to visit... like walking on an alien planet
6 Photos
Created 1 December 2014
Traveling with Benny and Lisa on the S/V Rhiannon, and then Ilene, and Roger, on the s/v ILENE. Beautiful Beaufort SC until we had to leave before our anchor let GO in a blow and tide... and a wonderful ST. Mary's Thanksgiving.
6 Photos
Created 30 November 2014
dinner for 8, cooked by Ondra, and Nelson on Last Boat... eaten by the crews from Autumn Borne, SEEKER, Last Boat, and Endurance.
4 Photos
Created 12 March 2014
summer 2013 at HON
2 Photos
Created 6 October 2013
rented car in Titusville, FL. Drove to Glenville, NY in two days. Christmas with Ruth, Matt, and the kids (Billie, and Charlie).
5 Photos
Created 25 December 2012
Painting the trim at Ruth's house, led to some interesting happenings... Like my first ambulance ride (head wound).
4 Photos
Created 28 September 2012
photos from our past, and hopefully from our sixth year 'out'.
4 Photos
Created 16 September 2012