Avelinda 2020

02 August 2020 | Snow Island, Casco Bay (photo Harbor Island)
31 July 2020 | Harbor island
28 July 2020 | Photo of Reindeer Cove; Currently at Dix Harbor, Muscle Ridge
25 July 2020 | Seal Harbor, Vinalhaven
23 July 2020 | Looking toward Mt Desert from Buckle Harbor (Swans area)
19 July 2020
18 July 2020 | Cows Yard
14 July 2020 | Trafton Island
13 July 2020
11 July 2020 | Burnt Coats Harbor, Swans Island, ME
10 July 2020
10 July 2020
06 July 2020 | Damarascove Island
05 July 2020 | Harpswell sound
04 July 2020 | Yankee Marina, Yarmouth Maine
15 August 2015 | Harraseeket River, South Freeport Maine

28 anniversary

20 June 2015 | Southwest Harbor, Mount Desert Island
CH/ anniversary is sunny and pleasant consistent sailing wind:Father's Day pouring rain all day
As we headed back to "civilization", we realized that our gorgeous sailing weather would soon end. While sipping coffee and untangling from the lobster gear we hooked on to in the night, we called around and found a place in Southwest Harbor that would provide us with lodging and a mooring for the expected downpour- the Moorings Inn next to the Hinkley yard in SWH.

The wind was pleasant 8-15 knots, and we tacked our way the long way out to Petite Manan, and then cruised on one tack to Sutton Island right in front of SWH. Before leaving in the scorching hot sun, we applied sunblock, but we were soon wearing our layers, wool hats and all. We could see that when we had gone Downeast we had taken almost the exact same path on one tack the other direction! It's cool how the Garmin shows past trails, like a bread crumb map to follow. Unfortunately, as we were going the Garmin turned off a few times, and in the end wouldn't turn on again. We had to find our way the old fashioned way - with good charts, hand navigational aids, past knowledge, and 100% visibility. Somehow we made it, after an 8 hour sail, to the inn 5 minutes after our estimated 7:00pm.

To celebrate our anniversary, we sipped Prosecco given to us before leaving (thanks Michael and Elizabeth!), took showers (ahhhh) and walked up the road for a meal. We are staying a second night in our swanky cabin to wait out the rain, taking jacuzzis, sitting in front of the warm fire, and sleeping in a big bed. (Oddly - the bed swayed, and neither of us slept as well as we do on Avelinda! What's with that!).

We are hoping tomorrow the Hinkley electricians will take pity on us and help with our Garmin and Radar. If not, we have an appointment next week in Stonington. We are both a bit nervous and frustrated with this snafu, but are not letting it color our time (yet!)
Comments
Vessel Name: Avelinda
Vessel Make/Model: Ericson 32 - 200
Hailing Port: South Freeport, ME
Crew: Capt Pete and First Mate Carey
About: Peter owns and is captain of Seacoast Tours of Maine LLC; Carey works as 8th Grade Teacher
Extra: We gain spiritual connection to the earth, and rejuvenation upon being together on the ocean. We are excited about our upcoming cruise the coast of Maine .

Avelinda is fixed and ready for travel

Who: Capt Pete and First Mate Carey
Port: South Freeport, ME