Avelinda 2020

02 August 2020 | Snow Island, Casco Bay (photo Harbor Island)
31 July 2020 | Harbor island
28 July 2020 | Photo of Reindeer Cove; Currently at Dix Harbor, Muscle Ridge
25 July 2020 | Seal Harbor, Vinalhaven
23 July 2020 | Looking toward Mt Desert from Buckle Harbor (Swans area)
19 July 2020
18 July 2020 | Cows Yard
14 July 2020 | Trafton Island
13 July 2020
11 July 2020 | Burnt Coats Harbor, Swans Island, ME
10 July 2020
10 July 2020
06 July 2020 | Damarascove Island
05 July 2020 | Harpswell sound
04 July 2020 | Yankee Marina, Yarmouth Maine
15 August 2015 | Harraseeket River, South Freeport Maine

Mysteries

23 June 2015 | Back at Somes Harbor
CH/ overcast, rain predicted through midnight, 13-17 mph SW winds
We thought our friend, the electrician, was available at 3:30, but as it turned out he didn't arrive until 6:30. He checked out our brand new Garmin (updated to accommodate Nova Scotia) and said the reason it flickered and shut down was low battery power. We hoisted him up the mast, and he looked at the radar and he said it was working perfectly from up there. "Looking new and running smoothly" is what he actually said. Thus, there is some mystery as to why all these things talked to each other last year, and now they don't and we get no radar reading. We had already come to the conclusion that we needed more battery power -- and had bought a new one that day! However, Rand said perhaps we needed bigger batteries for all we are doing on the boat: very different than our usage in the past. Bigger batteries don't fit in the spot they need to go, so maybe we'll buy a second new one so they are both spanking new...an hour had gone by, the sun was sinking, and we concluded we need a wiring expert to come and re-wire the mother board in hopes that these things talk to each other...we have an "appt." for tomorrow after his work time to finish the job (we sure hope.). If that doesn't work, a guy from Stonington thought he could fit us in.

This morning has us doing quiet things in our "tiny house": eating pancakes, reading, writing, painting, fix-it tasks....and here is a typical shot of Peter with the internet researching on the iPad, two manuals open, and his to-do list pad all on his lap. We have had to "empty our aft cabin" of bikes, rain gear and stowed items (we call this area our garage) which has made our living space a little more pile-y looking.
Comments
Vessel Name: Avelinda
Vessel Make/Model: Ericson 32 - 200
Hailing Port: South Freeport, ME
Crew: Capt Pete and First Mate Carey
About: Peter owns and is captain of Seacoast Tours of Maine LLC; Carey works as 8th Grade Teacher
Extra: We gain spiritual connection to the earth, and rejuvenation upon being together on the ocean. We are excited about our upcoming cruise the coast of Maine .

Avelinda is fixed and ready for travel

Who: Capt Pete and First Mate Carey
Port: South Freeport, ME