Azulita Adventure

450S Lagoon

Vessel Name: Azulita
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 450S
Hailing Port: Cruz Bay, St. John
Recent Blog Posts
16 August 2017

Time of Contentment...and...

Have no fear, Ziggy is here still applies :-)

15 August 2017

On the Seas Again - Alboran Sea

And we're off again! Back to a beautiful day and perfect weather! For the moment anyway!! I think we are giving up on weather forecasts!! No matter how many we look at, they keep being wrong! The research does say that weather is very unpredictable in the Mediterranean West though, and that it can [...]

14 August 2017

A Little SNAFU

Smooth sailing all day yesterday...until about 9pm. Then the wind kicked up and up and up, along with the wave action. Around midnight, we decided it was time to look for potential shelter to ride out the weather. So off we went to find a marina along the Spanish coast at midnight that could fit a 14m [...]

13 August 2017

The Calm After the Storm

What a difference a day makes :-) !!!

12 August 2017

Part II - Straits of Gibraltar - Success!!

So far the wildest ride around a point we've had on this trip, and I think that goes down in history for both of us!! Confused seas, wind over tide, 32 knots coming around the point of Cape Trafalgar. I know when LOML says, here comes a big one, he isn't kidding!! Brace!!

12 August 2017

Part I of the Straits of Gibraltar Passage

We are so excited to be off!! Goodbye Portugal! It’s so good to be back at sea in the fresh air and sunshine!! Beautiful day so far, wind and seas are calm and the sun is shining 😃 Ziggy has the music going, fishing lines are in the water, and we are off! Couldn't be a more glorious day :-)

The Calm After the Storm

13 August 2017
What a difference a day makes :-) !!!
Beautiful sunny day, calm winds of 7-10 knots, long rolling waves and back to t-shirt weather!!

After an exhilarating adrenaline filled day and night, it has been wonderful to have a nice relaxing day to reflect on the wonders of Mother Nature and the respect you must give to the elements. Reminds you to take things as they come and to roll with the punches, often applying a level of agility and creativity along the way. And sometimes, just moral support goes a long way with a cup of coffee and a cookie :-) Mariano - thank you for leaving us some chocolate chip cookies :-) !!!

We are basking in a calm day, with lines in the water and motoring our way along the coast of Spain. Just had fish tacos made from the tuna we caught yesterday. Yum!! Pam - not sure they are as good as yours, but they were pretty darn good! :-) something about eating the fish that you caught and cleaned and cooked that just makes it taste so good!!

Alan, Ziggy and I toasted with cranberry juice to the accomplishment of passing thru the Straits, and are all very much looking forward to cracking the 3 beers that Jim left for us when we hit landfall to toast again! No matter time of day :-)

And speaking of landfall, we are all in a rhythm now and quite happy with our respective shifts, fishing and motoring/sailing (ok, Alan could do without the fishing, but he's very indulging :-)) and the sunshine and calm winds...that we've decided to carry on to Isla Baleares. Ziggy is happiest hanging out in the sail bag, loml at the helm and me with the fishing pole :-).

Ibiza or Palma will likely be the next stop with another 350ish miles to go :-)
Comments
Azulita's Photos - Main
No Photos
Created 6 August 2017

About & Links