Bajamas

07 March 2007 | Somwhere between Penna ans Manhattan
15 August 2006
15 August 2006 | Connelly, N.Y.
31 July 2006
31 July 2006 | Connelly, N.Y.
24 July 2006
24 July 2006
24 July 2006
24 July 2006
24 July 2006
24 July 2006 | Connelly, N.Y.
05 July 2006 | Connelly, N.Y.
22 June 2006 | Connelly, N.Y.
18 June 2006 | onnelly, N.Y.
17 June 2006 | Connelly, N.Y.
04 June 2006 | Connelly, N.Y.

A day of work....

06 May 2006 | Connelly, N.Y.
By Scott
Finally, a good days effort put into the interior of Bajamas.
Bev and I went up this morning with a truck load of cleaning supplies so we could get a full days worth of work on the interior of the boat. We scrubbed and cleaned and vacuumed and painted. I can't imagine how long the interior of Bajamas went without being cleaned but all I can say is that the cleaning produced much mud while we scrubbed off layer after layer of the filth from the main cabin. While Beverly scrubbed the walls and inside the cabinets, I was able to start applying paint where she had just cleaned. After a few hours (and a couple of coldies), the interior was looking bright and fresh again. We still have so much to do but I will say there is light at the end of the tunnel for the cleaning and painting.
I returned from work the other evening and Beverly had covered 2 of the four cabin cushions with the material that we picked out a few weeks ago. I have to give a-lot of credit to where this credit is due. Beverly did a fantastic job with the sewing work. I was very impressed with what she had accomplished. I have included a photo of what she had done with the new material. Let us know what you think. (and be honest, you know we value your opinion...well, not really but let us know anyway).
We won't be able to get back to continue work for a couple of weeks since we have some family obligations for this weekend and next, but be assured that with the kind of motivation that I have seen in the two of us today, we are pretty psyched to get back to the cleaning and painting.
More to come...

A visit from the Parental Units...

02 May 2006 | Connelly, N.Y.
By Scott
Bev and I were both able to reserve some time to go up to the boat this past Sunday.
I brought all the necessary power equipment so I could get a good start on the sanding. As (my) Luck would have it, there was no place for me to plug any of my gear in. Being on the hard has it's drawbacks!
My parents showed up to spend a little time with us while we were there and see this mysterious boat we keep talking about. We all sat in the main cabin and discussed the work to be done. (Notice that no work is actually being done today).
My father snapped off a few photos for the "Before" pictures and we all decided that since no real work was going to occur, we should all go out to eat at a local diner. (Now we're talkin'!)
Bev and I closed up the boat and packed all the stuff we offloaded into the back of our truck to be sorted thru later.
It was nice to have my folks up to see the boat, but I am still way behind in my sailboat obligations.
(Here comes the sailors creedo..) Maybe next time!

New Beginnings...

29 April 2006 | Connelly, N.Y.
By Scott
Our Bristol 32 has finally been delivered to her new berth on the Hudson River just south of Kingston, N.Y., from Maryland. There is much work to be done in the next few weeks before she will be placed in the water.
I took a drive up last weekend to offload the interior cushions b/c Beverly wanted to recover them while we still have a little time in between our busy work schedules. I have to go back this weekend to see if I can fix a small leak above the entryway and pull some of the interior woodwork that I need to start sanding and painting. I have a very long list of things that need to be done.
The bottom paint was applied in Maryland so there is one less thing to accomplish but that still doesn't even dent our list.
We are looking forward to getting some of these things accomplished before she goes in the water in a few weeks.

I figured this new Blog site will be the perfect place to record all the logs and photos of our work and play time with Bajamas.

Certainly, more to come...
Vessel Make/Model: Bristol 32
Hailing Port: Connelly, N.Y.
Crew: Scott & Bev
About: Blue (the Pirate Pooch) - Boat duties include - Crotch sniffing, galley cleanup, fish inspector, head bottle licker and all forms of general rebellion.
Extra:
Goin' where the weather suites our clothes! _______________________________ Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW -- [...]

Bajamas

Who: Scott & Bev
Port: Connelly, N.Y.