BAYFLOWER ADVENTURE

26 July 2016 | Newburgh,New York
20 July 2016
17 July 2016
15 July 2016 | Baltimore
14 July 2016
02 July 2016

Maggie and the girls

20 July 2016
We were excited that Maggie and her girls were coming to ride with us from Baltimore to New York. 🛥 We had everything ready for them to arrive on the 12th . Maggie called us around the time her plane was going to leave Valdosta to say there was going to be a delay in her flight to Atlanta; it was something mechanical, but she thought they would still be able to make their connection. Shortly thereafter she called to say their flight had been postponed again.Delta would be bringing a replacement plane from Atlanta 🛬, and she would not be making that flight after all, but not to worry. There was a later flight leaving Atlanta that would arrive in Baltimore at 1:00 am💤 We were glad😀 to know that, even though it was late, she and the girls would get to the boat that night. Her final call was to say there was a ⚡weather delay and so they would not be able to make the later flight. At first, she was told they would not be given hotel vouchers in Atlanta😂 because the delay was weather related. Then the airline came back and said they would get vouchers👍 since the original flight was delayed due to mechanical. When the plane arrived in Atlanta at midnight or beyond, they were told there were no vacancies in the hotels. Instead of trying to get a room away from the airport, Maggie decided they would sleep on the floor.
They got almost no sleep and arrived in Baltimore exhausted. Langdon and I had decided we would delay our departure by a day so the girls would have a day to explore. After getting here, they were soon napping. They awoke to the wifi activity on the boat, and got to meet Teresa and Lorenzo.
The next day we went exploring. We saw the oldest boat in the navy, the Constellation, a sailing vessel. It was in service during the civil war. Its’ job was to stop the slave boats and take the people back home and arrest the slave traders.
The navy takes it out one day a year and sails it up to the Fort McHenry and back. That way it stays commissioned.
We also saw the USS Torsk which is a WW II submarine. There were approximately 40 sleeping stations on it and 80 men. Each bunk had two assigned to it. One up, one sleeping. Very efficient use of space, but it did not look inviting to any of us.
Clara and Maggie wanted to go to the Science Museum and Clara really enjoyed it. They would have stayed longer, but it closed at six.
That night We had spaghetti on board as Lorenzo set up my blog.
Early the next morning we were off to Delaware. It was about a 6 hour ride and our stopping place was Delaware City, Delaware. It was a cute little town of 1900 with a somewhat off color sense of humor. Their Main Street was Clinton and they had a restaurant named Lewinsky’s on Clinton. Maggie and the girls and I walked in to check out the menu. Two men were sitting at the bar and one of them came over to meet us. He told us he was the mayor and the man with him was the city manager. They meet at the bar every Friday to have a beer and discuss city business. We then went to the next restaurant to check their menu; Crabby Dicks. You can just imagine the innuendos on their meal selections.
We were glad to see Forrest again. He got the the Marina about an hour after us. He has a friend, Maggie, riding with him for the next six days.
Comments
Vessel Name: BAYFLOWER
Vessel Make/Model: MARLOW
Hailing Port: ST MARKS FL
Crew: N/A
About: N/A
Extra: N/A
BAYFLOWER's Photos - Main
No Photos
Created 26 July 2016
5 Photos
Created 26 July 2016
5 Photos
Created 20 July 2016
1. Lang enjoying the ride 2-3. Kids in dingy at Yorktown 4. Dingy time 5. Getting ready to explore 6. Fishing in Yorktown 7. Sleeping to the next port 8. This should have been a foreshadowing of what we would experience between Norfolk and Yorktown. 9. In the dingy getting ready for fireworks. 10. Fireworks on the 4th 11. Marina that misrepresented itself. 12.-15. Trolley ride in Baltimore
22 Photos
Created 14 July 2016
4 Photos
Created 14 July 2016