15 May 2011 | Port Townsend, WA
I've been starting many projects and completing zero! JUNESSA is playing hard to get... hard to get back in the water! :(
I have the drive shaft pulled waiting on a new dripless packing seal (I wore the other one out with bad motor mounts)
I replaced the two aft motor mounts that should have been replaced years ago... who knew!?!? I've ordered the two front mounts...
I stripped the green paint off the Philippine Mahogany trim on both sides of the boat. OMG the wood is so beautiful! I wanted to leave it natural but I think I'll go back to Green Paint as long as I'm CRUISING. If JUNESSA ever becomes a Marina boat, then I think the Natural look would be awesome!
I will install a start battery, two solar panels and wind generator when I get back from Hawaii... (I can't turn down a pay check!)
I still have to install the SSB Pactor Modem and get the software talking to the new PC laptop. I also have a new satphone Iridum 9555 that will talk to the PC as well. I'll be so CONNECTED via email/weather fax/texting that I'll feel right at home.... Maybe it's not a good thing to be so connected. We'll see.....
Once I'm back in the water, it's system testing for a few days.... then pack the boat, provision and cut the dock lines! I'll anchor off Port Townsend for the night then head North!
I'm searching as many websites as I can on the Northwest Passage and Ice Predictions... Looks like it might be another good year for boats... Bad for the Planet.
Estimated departure date: June 14th