Mr Bean at Sea

18 September 2007 | Langkawi, Malaysia
20 February 2007 | Langkawi, Malaysia
16 February 2007 | Talaga Marina
13 February 2007 | Talaga Marina
07 February 2007 | Koh Mok
03 February 2007 | Phi Phi Don
27 January 2007 | Phuket
13 January 2007 | Phuket and surrounding islands.
09 January 2007 | Phuket and the surrounding Islands
03 January 2007 | Phuket and the surrounding Islands
26 December 2006 | Phuket and the Islands
10 December 2006 | Phuket
01 December 2006 | Thailand
22 November 2006 | Panang
16 November 2006 | Port Dickson
30 October 2006 | Singapore
30 October 2006 | Singapore
18 October 2006 | Bangka Island..01.32'N 105. 50.97'E
09 October 2006 | Borneo..03 20.03'S:114 33.01'E

Alcudia, Mallorca to Bonifacio, Corsica

07 April 1999
Malc
Photo above for the restaurants by Bonifacio Marina

There are no Photo's in Blog, see Photo Gallery

7th April 1999.... Boat was put back into the water, whilst on the hard stand in Alcuda, we had a bow thruster fitted, and the Aries wind steering was fitted, I arrived back before Lindy to fit the Icom SSB Radio. and do some other jobs.

22th April 1999... Reg and Aud can to stay on yacht, before we drove South to play golf for a week, with lots of friends from the UK.

3rd May 1999....Tara, Steve and Ryan can out on yacht, whilst they holidayed in Alcudia.

10th May....Left Alcudia, and went to Bonaire marina.

13th May..Anchored in Port Pollenca Bay, to celebrate my birthday.

14th May...Up anchor at 0830 hours to Santa Galdana, Menorca, 40 miles away. Arrived 1600 hours, moored in a delightful bay, to a very convenient bouy.

15th May...Left Santa Galdana at 1045 hours to go to the capitol, Mahon. Took a mooring bouy in the large bay, waiting for a weather window to sail over to Bonifacio in Corsica.
We enjoyed our stay at Mahon, it is a lovely City, with a wonderful castle, narrow roads, and a lots of atmosphere.

19th May....Left for Bonifacio at 0745 hours for Bonifacio, 240 miles away.

20th May...0200 hours, looks like we are in for a storm, lots of lighting around, very heavy rain, and we had very strong winds for 20 minutes, reaching 55-60 knots, this is a Mistrel.
The wind kept changing directions, and still had the main up, with two reefs in it, so I just motored into the wind, I wore sking googles to keep the rain out of my eyes.

21st May...During the day, we got a weather report, forecasting gales, and with still 52 miles to go to Bonifacio, at 1030 hours we decided to change course to Sardinia, Porto Conte, Cala Delbollo.

The time we got anchored, it was 1900 hours, it was a well sheltered bay, but dragged at 2300 hours, and moved to next Bay, Tramariglio, and tied up to a pontoon, and finally got to sleep Friday morning at 0100hours.

23rd May...Were asked to move to the other side of the pontoon as the side we were on was reserved for the police.

I started the engine, and was half way around to the other side of the pontoon, there was a horrible noise, and the engine started to viabrate, and had to turn the engine off.

We lost control of the boat, and hit a motor boat, causing a little damage.

But with the use of fenders, boat hooks, and throwing lines, we were able to secure the yacht to new pontoon.

On examination, we found that two of the bolts connecting the gearbox to the prop shalf had come out, leaving just one in, causing the violent viabration, which shook the engine off its mountings, and bent the prop shaft......Not Good


We now needed to get all this repaired, and get the boat taken ot of the water, to replace the prop shaft, etc.

24th May... Sailed the boat from Cala Tramariglio to Fatelio, about 15 miles away, with help from a local small boat owner, into a very tight marina, having to get the boat on to the submersed trailer, before being hauled out of the water, and up the ramp, very nerve racking.

Lindy was under the saloon table, for fear that the boat would roll over, but all was well, but there were lots of Italian's shouting.

29th May...The next five days were spent at an angle on the ramp, but all was sorted, giving us time to in to Corsica, in time to meet some friends who we had arranged to met in Bonifaco.

We left to go to Bonifacio, 84 miles away, at 1230
hours.

30th May...Strong wind on the nose, so decided to divet to Propriano, and picked up Piggy and Jane there.

31st May...Left Propriano at 1330 hours at anchored for the night at Campomoro.

1st June...Compomoria to Figari,anchored with line to shore.

2nd June...Figari to Cala Lazarina, Bonifacio

3rd/4th June...Gale warning, did sight seeing in Bonifacio, The upper Town was among the most powerful fortresses in the Mediterranean for more than 3 centuries.
It was Boniface II who, taking part in an expedition to chase the Saracens out of Corsica, gave his name to the town and built a castle there in 830.

The Medieval City of Bonifacio retains the essential elements of its historical and architectural heritage.

It is made up of old cobbled streets lined with tall, thick-walled houses, true fortresses perched on the cliff.

We took the bus to Propriano to pick up Piggys car, and drove it back to Bonifacio.

5th June... Sailed across to Island Madelaina, Sardinia, and back, taking the boat into Bonifacio marina, as Piggy and Jane were leaving at 0430 hours the next morning.

Sunday 6th June...Piggy and Jane left, we lazed around in marina

7th June ....Stayed in marina, leaving tomorrow.

Vessel Name: Mr Bean
Vessel Make/Model: Bruce Roberts
Hailing Port: Eastbourne, UK
Crew: Malcolm Robertson
About: Admiral Lindy Robertson
Extra: Yacht Mr BeanIs presently on the hard stand at Rebak Marina, Langkawi. while we spend the summer back in the UK. Left UK, from Eastbourne Marina on June 15th 1998, and have nearly sailed around the world, mostly just the two of us.

Who: Malcolm Robertson
Port: Eastbourne, UK