Mr Bean at Sea

18 September 2007 | Langkawi, Malaysia
20 February 2007 | Langkawi, Malaysia
16 February 2007 | Talaga Marina
13 February 2007 | Talaga Marina
07 February 2007 | Koh Mok
03 February 2007 | Phi Phi Don
27 January 2007 | Phuket
13 January 2007 | Phuket and surrounding islands.
09 January 2007 | Phuket and the surrounding Islands
03 January 2007 | Phuket and the surrounding Islands
26 December 2006 | Phuket and the Islands
10 December 2006 | Phuket
01 December 2006 | Thailand
22 November 2006 | Panang
16 November 2006 | Port Dickson
30 October 2006 | Singapore
30 October 2006 | Singapore
18 October 2006 | Bangka Island..01.32'N 105. 50.97'E
09 October 2006 | Borneo..03 20.03'S:114 33.01'E

Suga Bay to Ruing

06 August 2006 | Suga Bay
Malc
Happy Children in the Suga Bay Anchor

No Photo,s on Blog, see Photo Gallery

Sunday 6th August 2006

Left Sagu Bay 08.14.48S 123.13.44E at 0800 hours, wind was non existent, so motored to our lunch time stop, at a reef, anchored in 10 metre's, we got the dingy down, had a snorkel on the reef, with Aquarius and Gambori, we had all decided to stay here the night.
We all had a bring your own and share lunch on Mr Bean, and we started to swing and the depth was touching from water line 3 metres, went we hit a bombi, it spooked us all , so we all decided to sail on to TG Gedong .
Left at 1500 hours, got to the anchorage at 1730 hours, half hour to set the anchor, in volcanic rock, in deep water, we dropped it in 20 metres, and eventually got it to hold, by then the sun had set.
We spent a pleasant evening on Gambori, with Aquarius .

Monday &th August 2006

Had a easy morning, just sorted out Gandy Pants, as it didn't furl properly yesterday, finished off the 2hp outboard, its works very well now.
We dindyed around the other side of the head land, which was lovely, did some snorkelling, then can back.
Went over to Aquarius for drinks in the evening, with Gambori.

Tuesday 8th August 2006

Went up the hill to the village, It was very impressive everyone was so lovely, the children were delightful, we felt like royalty, every-time we waved, they cried out and waved back with such zest. The place was so well cared for, not any rubbish anywhere. Printed some photo's out and gave them to the village school, plus gave four little boys a tee sheet each.

Wednesday 9th August 2006

Left T G Gegong at 0830, and arrived at Hading Bay Latitude 08 13.623 south Longitude 122.45.959 East, at 1330 hours, able to sail for about one hour, the rest was motor sailing or motoring, the Genoa furling is getting stiff, so will have to strip it down and grease it.
The anchorage, are very deep till one gets very close to the shore, this was no exception, but once anchored, very lovely, but the holding would not be good in a blow.
Stripped and greased the Genoa furling gear, in the evening we had a fun DVD session on Gambori with Aquarius, below photo of Hading Bay.

Thursday 10th August 2006

Had a lovely morning just giving Mr Bean a bit of a clean, Lindy went swimming at about 1130 hours, I played with the computer, gettingall the photo's on to the Ipod, 1500 of them, and also burnt some CD, the Ipod is a great bit of kit, but it needs a lot of time and dedication to get what one wants.
At 1400 hours went ashore, and had a Bar B Que with Gambori and Aquarius, we played Boule, Gay won, then spent the rest of the evening playing Mexican Train on Mr Bean, an initiation of all of then, we won, and we didn't cheat.

Friday 11th August 2006

Upped anchor at 0900 hours, in a very light breeze, at hour into it a we were just able to sail our course in 25 knots of wind from the SE. Got to are anchorage at 1315 hours, had to re-anchor as we too close to another yacht, all settled by 1345 hours, in 22 metres of water, not over impressed with the anchorage, but on refection, it is very nice, a went for a snorkel over the reef, not to many fish, it seems that it is all fished out.
Last night there was lights all along the beach, they walk knee high in water, use the light to attract the fish, then spear them, these fish are very small and flat.

Saturday 12th August 2006

A lazy morning, down loaded some music to the Ipod, also burnt two CDs for Rod and Gary, Queen's greatest hits. In the afternoon, we went for a snorkel, and finished off the day with a sun downer with Aquarius and Gambori, on Mr Bean .

Sunday 13th August 2006

Left the anchorage at 0900 hours on passage to an area called sea world, which is a holiday resort, had a lovely sail to there, we had to motor through an island pass, where we got 4 knots of currant against us, this lasted for about an hour. The land scrape around was spectacular, white sandy beaches, stunning mountain ranges, and blue currant agitated sea.

We arrive at sea world at about 1500 hours, a had a lot of trouble anchoring, the anchorage had about 30 boats it, "Eventually go settled", Went on board Envy, Bruce and Audrey for a sun downer, with Been A Long, Trevor and Joan.

Monday 14th August 2006

Spent the morning maintaining the boat, I wasn't real happy with the anchorage, and would not leave the boat unattended, Lindy went into town with Aquarius and Gambori, in the evening we went ashore for a meal.
I was not really impressed with over crowded anchorage, where one cannot put enough scope out to make safe anchoring, I saw one boat dragged, whilst un-attended hit two other boats, and was pushed back and re-anchored by lots of helpful dingys.

Tuesday 15th August 2006

Left sea world at first light, 0600hours, motored 12 miles around the point, then was able to sail when the NW sea breezes started, got to are planned anchorage at 1500 hours, it was a bit rolly, open to the northerly se breeze, hopefully will ease later, still a little rolly at 1930 hours, will head on tomorrow for Ruing.

Wednesday 16th August 2006

The anchorage remained pretty rolly all night, we upped anchor at 0600 hours, first light, and motored, motor sailed , then sailed as the sea breezes kick in about noon
We had planned to go to a quite anchorage off one of the Islands, but as al the rally boats are coming to Ruing of the rally festival starting on the 18th, we went to the town anchorage, which all ready had 12 boats there, but a lovely spot.
The designated anchor area has a reef right in the middle, and not bouyed, or shown on chart, we went very close to it, and we stopped another boat reversing over it.
Barbequed a Spanish Mackerel on Mr Bean, given by another boat, then watched a DVD, The Interpreter, on deck, as it was very warm below.

Thursday 17th August 2006

Went to town with the guys from Ventarna, Rob and Dee, an American couple, used to produce sea going fact films, and has worked and befriended such characters as Tristan Jones and Peter Blake. We walked into the town, had a cup of coffee, then returned to boat, as it got very hot
The town of Riung, is a small town but bigger than the villages we have visited, with just a hint of not so friendly, but still lovely, I guess it's the affects of a larger population. Because these people are a little better off, they seem to want what they cannot have, a reflection of what has happened in the Western Countries.
The whole rally was invited on to Silolona, a Bugis Boat, hand build in the traditional methods by the Sulawesi boat builders. This 145 ton, 22 metre boat is only two years old, and is used of charter, at �20,000 a day for 10 passengers, having 15 crew at there disposal.
The boat was down to promote Indonesia and Bali, and we where entertained with beer and wine, given free run of the boat, a lovely evening, once again showing the eagerness of the government to promote tourism to Indonesia.

Friday 18th August 2006

Planned to spend the morning exploring the islands near us, so I put the 15hp outboard, but the wind got up a little, and made it to rough to go to far, so just went within our bay.
In the evening we went to a Gala dinner for Sail Indonesia, put on by Riung, it was lovely......photo's below























Vessel Name: Mr Bean
Vessel Make/Model: Bruce Roberts
Hailing Port: Eastbourne, UK
Crew: Malcolm Robertson
About: Admiral Lindy Robertson
Extra: Yacht Mr BeanIs presently on the hard stand at Rebak Marina, Langkawi. while we spend the summer back in the UK. Left UK, from Eastbourne Marina on June 15th 1998, and have nearly sailed around the world, mostly just the two of us.

Who: Malcolm Robertson
Port: Eastbourne, UK