Mr Bean at Sea

18 September 2007 | Langkawi, Malaysia
20 February 2007 | Langkawi, Malaysia
16 February 2007 | Talaga Marina
13 February 2007 | Talaga Marina
07 February 2007 | Koh Mok
03 February 2007 | Phi Phi Don
27 January 2007 | Phuket
13 January 2007 | Phuket and surrounding islands.
09 January 2007 | Phuket and the surrounding Islands
03 January 2007 | Phuket and the surrounding Islands
26 December 2006 | Phuket and the Islands
10 December 2006 | Phuket
01 December 2006 | Thailand
22 November 2006 | Panang
16 November 2006 | Port Dickson
30 October 2006 | Singapore
30 October 2006 | Singapore
18 October 2006 | Bangka Island..01.32'N 105. 50.97'E
09 October 2006 | Borneo..03 20.03'S:114 33.01'E

Koh Muk to Langkawi

07 February 2007 | Koh Mok
Photo of Tham Morakot Anchorage

No Photos on Blog, see Photo Gallery

Wednesday 7th February 2007

We vanished (which includes rubbing down) the forward head for the fourth time, adding a few other area's, now taking in the whole of the head, that's the way it goes with vanishing, every thing starts too look so good when it's done, you have to keep going..
While Lindy was doing the actual vanishing, I dug out the inflatable canoe, and proceeded to blow it up, having to silicone a split in the inner side, also having to find the stoppers for the blow up area, before success was achieved.
Seadrive, Mike and Tracy, pulled in to our anchorage, and we were invited over for coffee, Plane Sailing, Bob and Deirdre, who were with them, also can over, and we had a great couple of hours.
I was hoping to go back to the cave, in the canoe, and take some photo's, but Lindy wasn't keen, I was not keen to go alone, so a lot of effort in getting the canoe sorted , was in vane!
Seadrive and Plane sailing came over to Mr Bean, at 1730 hours, and we all had a fun evening, and we may well sail off together tomorrow.
Mike adjusted my computer, to bring everything to the right size again, he says I've got a bug off the internet, last time I logged, that was in Royal Phuket marina, and has offered to fix it when time permits.
This would explain that when I try to use the Hi Speed USB card, the computer crashes.

Thursday 8th February 2007

I was up at 0530 hours, so I got ready to go sailing, got the ding up, deflated the canoe, made tea, did an engine check, secured the TV, and we where away at 0630 hours.
It started off good, and we where able to sail, if only at four knots, but slowly the wind dropped, and we had to motor sail. We were able to motor sail with the MPS, at 4.5 knots, with just the engine ticking over, and the water maker on. But we decided to abort our trip to Koh Butan, and stop at Koh Phetra 20 miles short of our choosen destination, Seadrive and Plane Sailng did the same. We will hopefully get there tomorrow.

Friday 9th February 2007

We left Koh Phetra at 0730 hours, this anchorage was basically just a stop over, nothing really good about. Sea Drive and Plane Sailing went direct to Langkawi, we went on to Koh Butan, 20 miles away, we managed to sail at least half the way, and on arriving at 1230 hours, we found a lake like anchorage, with sandy beach's either side in 5 metres of water.

Saturday 10th February 2007

We are finding it much hotter, the closer to Malaysia, we get, so we needed to put the bow cover up, whilst at anchor, to shield us from the piecing Sun. Also, we experimented with the stern cover, as we are seriously thinking of having a new cover made to fit over the boom, it would go from before the mast right to the stern, having battens, or the like to hold it off the walk way..
The experiment showed that this type of cover, drastically reduce the heat, and making the Sun quite bearably, and I was able to stay in the cockpit, in the afternoon, taking the vanish off the companion way, ready for re-doing. Lindy was able to get two coats of vanish on all the bow head, so that's that for a while.
We checked out the area by the ding, ending up going to the beach close to us, there were Monkeys on it, but disappeared as we approached.

Sunday 11th February 2007

We left the anchorage at 0730 hours, for a 26 mile trip to the Hole in the Wall, an anchorage recommended to us, this is in Malaysia, arrived there at 1300 hours. This is one of the places that we where considering taking John and Pat, but it is far too hot. We took a mile trip up the river, in the ding, also recommended, to a restaurant, but it was very second rate, so definitely a no no.
We shall be leaving tomorrow morning, for Telaga, unless something else takes our fancy along the north coast.

Monday 12th February 2007

Left the anchorage at 0630 hours, now we are back in Malaysia, we have lost an hour, so it would have been 0730 Thai time.
We heard via the net, that Gambori had ran aground coming out of the Bolan Channel, and will not be able to get off till late afternoon, we where able to call them on VHF and say we knew of their plight and would help if we could, luckily they got off at 1600 hours.
We motor sailed most of the way around to Talaga Bay, and arrived at 1230 hours, we anchored in 3.5 metres, LW, then took the ding in the marina, booked a car for tomorrow, checked in to the country, then had a wonderful meal at the Italian restaurant, Pizza's and a great salad, with a lovely olive oil dressing.
We met Graham and Lorain off Gertarni 2, a 58 foot catamaran, and they invited us over for drinks this evening, we excepted, and had a lovely time, Wal and Robin were also there, and we both enjoy their company.

Vessel Name: Mr Bean
Vessel Make/Model: Bruce Roberts
Hailing Port: Eastbourne, UK
Crew: Malcolm Robertson
About: Admiral Lindy Robertson
Extra: Yacht Mr BeanIs presently on the hard stand at Rebak Marina, Langkawi. while we spend the summer back in the UK. Left UK, from Eastbourne Marina on June 15th 1998, and have nearly sailed around the world, mostly just the two of us.

Who: Malcolm Robertson
Port: Eastbourne, UK