Mr Bean at Sea

18 September 2007 | Langkawi, Malaysia
20 February 2007 | Langkawi, Malaysia
16 February 2007 | Talaga Marina
13 February 2007 | Talaga Marina
07 February 2007 | Koh Mok
03 February 2007 | Phi Phi Don
27 January 2007 | Phuket
13 January 2007 | Phuket and surrounding islands.
09 January 2007 | Phuket and the surrounding Islands
03 January 2007 | Phuket and the surrounding Islands
26 December 2006 | Phuket and the Islands
10 December 2006 | Phuket
01 December 2006 | Thailand
22 November 2006 | Panang
16 November 2006 | Port Dickson
30 October 2006 | Singapore
30 October 2006 | Singapore
18 October 2006 | Bangka Island..01.32'N 105. 50.97'E
09 October 2006 | Borneo..03 20.03'S:114 33.01'E

Langkawi, John and Pat

16 February 2007 | Talaga Marina
Malc
John and Pat arriving at Langkawi

Friday 16th February 2007

I got 105 litres of diesel into the main tanks, leaving 105 on deck in jerry cans, tied them back on to the deck, then gave the top sides a good clean.
Tidied up the decks, whilst Lindy did the same below, getting ready for John and Pat to arrive at 1700 hours, it's always lovely to see the boat looking it's best.
I picked up the car from the marina office at 1230 hours, unfortunately this one wasn't a patch on the last one we had, it's a bit of a wreak, I said to AB that I would like another one for tomorrow.
I popped along to pick up the laundry, then tried to pick up some beer and coke, by it's a bank holiday, the Chinese new year, so most places are shut.
Had a text from John, they are in Singapore, and leaving the boat at 1030 hours to go to the airport.
Went off in the car with Lindy, took a trip down to Pantal Cenang, the main beach resort of Langkawi, in our opinion, it seemed to lack people, and appeared a bit sad.
From there, we drove to Kauh, the capital, had lunch there, as there was nothing at the beach we saw, and fancied.
From there we drove back north, got some boat stuff at a hardware shop, then on to a batik factory, and bought a very lovely batik of two blue dolphins, and goes well on the saloon bulkhead.
Came back to the boat, had 30 minute cup of tea, then on to the airport, to meet John and Pat, they came through the arrival gate by 1730 hours, back to the boat, they unpacked, relaxed, then we all went for a meal at the Steakhouse opposite the marina.
Back to the boat, and the buggers kept us up, talking till 2330 hours, then we had to wave the white flag, and we all went to bed.

Saturday 17th February 2007

We had a phone call to say that we could have a different car, so I went to the marina office, and got the car we had the day before.
We had a breakfast at the Bakery, very pleasant, and then drove to get some supplies for our sailing trip which we shall start tomorrow.
John and I, drove back to the boat, dropping the girls at a Batik shop, whilst we took the shopping back to the boat, and getting the meat into the fridge.
John and I got back to the girls, Pat was in the process of buying a batik master piece, but cooled off, Lindy and I saw two we loved, and bought them, getting a discount of 300 ringgets, on the asking price of 1100 , a 27%.discount.
We went back to the beach area, and found a lovely restaurant, in a Padi field, and had a lovely meal, which was cool and relaxed.
From there, we drove to the capitol, then back to another Batik factory, the one we bought the dolphin batik, so John and Pat could see their wares, but saw nothing, so we went on to the one we were at this morning, and Pat bought one there, getting a very good discount.
Back to the boat where we relaxed till 2000 hours, then over to the restaurant area, for a drink and a snack, at the Tapas bar.

Sunday 18th February 2007

Paid our dues at Talaga Marina, and have ask if we could stay there for six months, it looks favourable, and they will phone us to let us know, it will cost about �40 per week, we shall also look at Rebak Marina, later in the week.
We left at 1030 hours gave a few people when we tried to leave, with a port bow line. still attached, then motored, wind no the nose again, the 13 miles to Pulau Dayang Bunting, we anchored in a sheltered spot, but was a little rolly during the night
. Barbequed on deck in the evening, lamb cutlets, and they were not as nice as they could have been,

Monday 19th February 2007

We didn't get up till 0900 hours, we had breakfast, then relaxed for a while, before taking the big boat up to the Princess lake area, but it was very rolly, so we came back to close to where we were, but out of the roll.
After re-anchoring in 12 metres of water, we had a onion, garlic, tomato pasta, which was delicious, before checking out the princess lake by ding.
The two mile ding ride to the lake, which has a Legend it can bestow fertility upon barren women, did not do it for us, it was not the prettiest lake in the world, owing to its murky green colour.
At one point, the lake is very close to the sea, just being divided by a 15 foot lime stone rock, which the Japanese tried to blow out, to make a natural harbour, but obviously failed.
Upon out return, we had some champagne that John and Pat had bought, followed by some delicious steaks.
During the day a had tried to utilise the stern cover, and succeeded in this, it now shades the sun were needed, and looks presentable as well.

Tuesday 20th February 2007

After a very hot windless night, which made it very hot on the boat, so come the morning, we thought it best to go to Rebak Marina earlier than planned, and plug in the air conditioning..
We left the anchorage at about 1100 hours, and got to Rebak at 1400 hours, the marina entrance was very hard to spot, and when we did find it, it was quite a narrow entrance.
Once in, the marina looked very pleasant, and on checking in at the office, found it to be very good value at under �6 per day, and for over 6 months, under �4.
This marina is also a holiday resort, with its own swimming pool, tennis courts, etc, and we are thinking that this could be the place to leave the boat, whilst we go home in the summer.
.
Wednesday 21st February 2007

We took the 0930 hours, ferry over to Langkawi mainland, which was a great fast ride exciting ride. On reaching the terminal, by a dialect water park, the car renter, was waiting with a sign saying Malcolm, he drove us to the airport, where we picked up the car, we would not us this one he was too expensive, at 90 ringget, and also having to be picked up and taken to the airport, and vis versa was a pain.
We spent a couple of hours in the airport shopping mall, before going to Talaga Marina's Italian restaurant for lunch, and then on to the cable car, and more shopping.
Got back to the Island by 1900 hours, had the buffet dinner, which was very good,

Thursday 22nd February 2006

We planned on having a very lazy day, and we started well by getting up at 0930 hours, we managed to eat breakfast by 1100 hours, and were heading towards to pool, by 1300 hours.
We spent the rest of the afternoon swimming in the pool, having lunch, which took over an hour to come, but worth the wait.
The Marlin's, Gambori's, and the Anon's came down later, and spent a little time with them all.

We finished off the day by having a delicious buffet dinner, then on to the bar area, where we had a drink, and watched the resident singing group. In their interval, they came over for a chat, and they were delightful

Her name was Sheila, and the guy's name we didn't catch, so we called him Bob, as he had dread lock extensions.
They both sang very well, it was a shame that more people were not present to appreciate them..

Friday 23nd February 2007

As John and Pat are leaving today at 1730 hours, we had another lazy day around the pool, having lunch there, again slow service, but good.
They got there ferry, much to John's relief, a golf buggy can and pick us and the luggage up, to go around to were the ferry terminal.
Vessel Name: Mr Bean
Vessel Make/Model: Bruce Roberts
Hailing Port: Eastbourne, UK
Crew: Malcolm Robertson
About: Admiral Lindy Robertson
Extra: Yacht Mr BeanIs presently on the hard stand at Rebak Marina, Langkawi. while we spend the summer back in the UK. Left UK, from Eastbourne Marina on June 15th 1998, and have nearly sailed around the world, mostly just the two of us.

Who: Malcolm Robertson
Port: Eastbourne, UK