Becoming Mrs Argos

What stared out as a family sailing adventure around Australia has changed somewhat! Now its mum and the kids (now aged 17 and almost 15) working it out for themselves while cruising the Queensland coast!

24 November 2016
19 August 2016
03 August 2016
21 June 2016
25 April 2016
09 February 2016
07 December 2015
25 August 2015 | South Stradbroke Island
10 August 2015
06 July 2015
04 May 2015
24 April 2015
11 April 2015 | Southport
01 April 2015 | Southport

A wind we aren't fighting!

31 January 2012 | Bermagui
Sue Watt
The wind is howling outside but today it is coming from the south west and although it makes it a bit tricky getting on and off the boat it not too hard. Yesterday the wind was blowing strongly too but from the north east and blowing us on to the jetty so fiercely we had to be adjusting ropes and fenders constantly to make sure we were not damaged.
Bermagui has been a great stopping spot for us. Peter’s uncle and aunt have made us feel very welcomed and it’s been lovely to have someone in town that we know! Plus we have had some of the older children visit which has been utterly delightful. Peter has been helping a fellow on another boat with some repairs which has been good for the other boat owner and for us.
When we first arrived here our plan was to stay a while and then head to Bateman’s Bay but a few locals were a little concerned about the depth of the bar and suggested we might skip it, but the more information we get the less concerned we are. The marine rescue patrol advises that the bar is deep enough so long as we cross at the highest tide and when the conditions are flat. There should be a good high tide towards the end of next week and then again at the end of the following week so we have decided to wait here until then and if the conditions are right make our way up.
Needless to say we are really pleased that we will have this opportunity to be so close to what was once ‘home’ and within easy access to friends and family!!
Comments
Vessel Name: Argos
Vessel Make/Model: Gaff Rig Schooner designed by Jay Benford, built by Jack Stolp
Hailing Port: Albany WA
Crew: Sue Parry-Jones, Erina and Liam Jones and Capt'n Jack Sparrow!
About:
After starting out from Albany WA in July 2011, we have faced some big seas, tricky situations and serious storms. We have learned to sail and learned to love the life of the cruising sailor. [...]
Extra:
In the years since we started Erina and Liam have become fine sailors. Liam is a keen knot man and has created a plethora of decorative rope finishes on board, as well as being skillful at any knot-work required on deck. Erina is the the master of the galley and cooks up the most incredible meals [...]
Home Page: www.becomingmrsargos.weebly.com
Social:

Becoming Mrs Argos

Who: Sue Parry-Jones, Erina and Liam Jones and Capt'n Jack Sparrow!
Port: Albany WA