Becoming Mrs Argos

What stared out as a family sailing adventure around Australia has changed somewhat! Now its mum and the kids (now aged 17 and almost 15) working it out for themselves while cruising the Queensland coast!

24 November 2016
19 August 2016
03 August 2016
21 June 2016
25 April 2016
09 February 2016
07 December 2015
25 August 2015 | South Stradbroke Island
10 August 2015
06 July 2015
04 May 2015
24 April 2015
11 April 2015 | Southport
01 April 2015 | Southport

And they are off again!

29 March 2013 | Near Rivoli Bay SA
Sue Watt
At 8 am this morning EST the boys untied the ropes and set off from Robe harbour bound first for Queenscliffe in Victoria, on Port Philip Bay and then non-stop to Auckland.

Robe was a good stop. After sailing through very difficult conditions crossing the Bight they arrived hungry and tired but happy. There were a number of jobs to be done on board, little things mostly plus the big task of getting the fuel to feed into the engine properly, and all was done. Parts ordered came quickly and even a para-anchor arrived from Albany in good time for them to leave after a good rest (thanks Jenny!).

Today they have finally had some really good wind coming from the right direction. It’s pretty much the first time since they set off nearly three weeks ago. This afternoon they passed in close to Rivoli Bay in SA and Southend. Tomorrow they should pass in front of Portland and during the night, Port Fairy and then by Sunday be heading around Cape Otway and around and up into Port Philip Bay.

Hopefully the wind will keep up going the way they need and this part of the trip won’t be hampered by strong head winds or wild storms.
When the boys got into Robe and we could actually have a good chat on the phone, instead of the short exchanges we needed to have on the sat phone with its funny little delays leaving you saying the same things over and over, each time slightly more loudly!, we got to talk about the weather they had encountered in the Bight. They were shocked to hear that the storm that had lashed them as they sailed, had gone on to do so much damage in country Victoria. They were very appreciative that considering all it could have done that it had impacted them so little overall.

They set off again this morning fairly raring to go, looking forwards to getting into Queenscliffe. A surprise will be awaiting them there, but shush! don’t breathe a word of it!

Comments
Vessel Name: Argos
Vessel Make/Model: Gaff Rig Schooner designed by Jay Benford, built by Jack Stolp
Hailing Port: Albany WA
Crew: Sue Parry-Jones, Erina and Liam Jones and Capt'n Jack Sparrow!
About:
After starting out from Albany WA in July 2011, we have faced some big seas, tricky situations and serious storms. We have learned to sail and learned to love the life of the cruising sailor. [...]
Extra:
In the years since we started Erina and Liam have become fine sailors. Liam is a keen knot man and has created a plethora of decorative rope finishes on board, as well as being skillful at any knot-work required on deck. Erina is the the master of the galley and cooks up the most incredible meals [...]
Home Page: www.becomingmrsargos.weebly.com
Social:

Becoming Mrs Argos

Who: Sue Parry-Jones, Erina and Liam Jones and Capt'n Jack Sparrow!
Port: Albany WA