Bella

20 October 2011
15 October 2011
14 October 2011
14 October 2011
10 October 2011
10 October 2011
10 October 2011
09 October 2011 | Leos Isl
07 October 2011 | Dirk Hartog Isl
07 October 2011 | Shark Bay
28 September 2011 | Exmouth
28 September 2011 | Exmouth
28 September 2011 | Exmouth
23 September 2011
23 September 2011
23 September 2011
23 September 2011
18 September 2011
16 September 2011 | Broome

Malay Bay

12 August 2011
Today was one of the hardest 40NM we’ve done with barely a breathe of breeze and only a slight gentle SE trade wind that kept us in good hopes initially but that soon died to almost nothing and then later a sea breeze for the last mile as we approached the anchorage at Malay Bay. It was a mind numbing motor sail listening to the drone of the engine for the bulk of the day. Thankfully our engine leak, that had been re-welded in Townsville and since returned, didn’t get any worst (again) and the sea was kind so we kept ourselves busy with kids school work, cleaning, eating, cooking and checking the engine (several times). With a freezer full of Mackerel we couldn’t even put out the lure in hope to land a fish and break the monotony. It was a long day on the water and one where we’re glad to finally have the anchor down and ashore to stretch our legs. Illusion wasn’t far behind and quickly joined us on the beach for sundowners and later they cooked us a delicious Thai fish curry from a Mackerel that wasn’t lucky enough to get away, this time! The sunrise and sunset was again amazing with bush fires seen along the landscape sending rich colours into the sky. We’re praying to the wind gods for a nice gentle SE breeze to help us make Darwin this century....
Comments
Vessel Name: Bella
Vessel Make/Model: Dufour
Hailing Port: Mandurah
Crew: Chris, Heidi, Kieran, Drina, Max and Tinka
About: We have taken 6 months off of work and school to sail our new boat 'Bella" from Brisbane, hopefully back to Mandurah, if not we will just enjoy what we see, weather dependent.

Who: Chris, Heidi, Kieran, Drina, Max and Tinka
Port: Mandurah