Bahamas Bound

Marco Island, Key West, Ocean Reef crossing over to the Bahama's. Starting at Cat Caye exploring all the islands down through the Exuma's. No timetable, watchs thrown overboard! Weather and the spirit of adventure will govern our journey. Stay tuned

18 July 2007
17 July 2007
16 July 2007
14 July 2007
13 July 2007
12 July 2007
12 July 2007 | mooring ball #3
10 July 2007
09 July 2007
08 July 2007
08 July 2007
07 July 2007
07 July 2007
05 July 2007

An Exuma Birthday

12 July 2007
Diane
Today was my birthday, and no, I am not clarify for those that don't know which one it is, LOL. I must admit, another year is gladly accepted for the opportunity to have this adventure. The day has been awesome. Mimosas with breakfast, hiking the volcanic trail to the top of Boo Boo hill, exploring in the dinghy, snorkeling several reefs and then back to the Bella Laguna for some reading before dinner. Wil shared a great book he'd read with me "Skinny Dip" which I am totally caught up in; it's about a woman on a cruise ship who's husband throws her over board, she survived, the characters and events are both funny and riveting. Three huge yellow tail jacks joined us upon our arrival here and haven't left since. I nick named them Marty, Steve and Willy...... Marty and Steve both avid fishing buddies of mine and Willy for Wil who is eagerly looking forward to trying out the angler sport after we leave the park. Deciding to take a dip before dinner, ready to jump from the swim platform, up came, in addition to our three jacks, a four foot nurse shark. Wil requested Diane do that "Captainly" thing again, requesting I get in the water with the underwater camera and snap a few shots of all four of them. That didn't happen, we waited awhile before we both splashed for a final dip of the day.
Dinner was the perfect ending to a great day. Maybe tomorrow we'll get internet so we can update our blogs. WHAT A DAY, if I am dreaming, don't wake me up!
Comments
Vessel Name: Bella Laguna
Vessel Make/Model: Searay 48 Sundancer
Hailing Port: Marco Island, Florida
Crew: Wil Moore & Diane Chestnut
About:
Bella Laguna, named for Wil�s former hometown of Laguna Beach, California, hails out of the Marina at Factory Bay, Marco Island, Florida, Wil�s new hometown. Wil�s nautical adventures started three years ago on �Sea Rider� a 42' Sundancer. [...]

Who: Wil Moore & Diane Chestnut
Port: Marco Island, Florida