Borta med Bengt

En resa

Moorea 7 april 2022

Torsdag den 7 april 2022, Cooks Bay. Moorea

idag är det tio år sedan vi förlovade oss. Vi firade med bubbel.
Det har varit ett par blåsiga dagar så både vi och ’Mon Ami’ stannade kvar här på revet. De andra båtarna flyttade på sig in i viken så nu ligger vi själva igen. Inga badbrallor på alltså. I tisdags hade vi besök av Mats och Louise från ’Mon Ami’. Det blev öl och pizzakväll. Gott!

s2

Stänkskydden sydes klart och 34 öljetter bankades i (17 per sida) varefter (insyns)skydden monterades. Mycket vind (25–30 knop) så vi stannade på båten, läste, fixade och badade. Vi körde lakanstvätt i tvättmaskinen på ECO-programmet eftersom vi hade mycket laddning från både sol och vind. Vår 600 watt inverter klarade även av 400 varv centrifugering. Watermakern var på i ett antal timmar.

“A video showing Ukrainian soldiers executing injured and captured Russian soldiers has been confirmed by the New York Times (https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/04/06/world/ukraine-russia-war-news?smid=twnytimes&smtyp=cur#russia-pows-ukraine-executed).
The video in question is one showing Ukrainian soldiers opening fire against a Russian serviceman lying - seemingly lifeless - on the pavement. "A video posted online on Monday and verified by The New York Times appears to show a group of Ukrainian soldiers killing captured Russian troops outside a village west of Kyiv," NYT said. Several bodies could be seen near the Russian soldier's, showing no signs of life and presumably killed at the hands of Ukrainians. The New York Times reported that the video was filmed on March 30, as the Russian forces were withdrawing from the Ukrainian capital.

Who's committing war crimes?
The bodies nearby looked like they had been killed after they were imprisoned by Ukrainians. One of the soldiers had a head wound that could be clearly seen, and his hands were tied behind his back as he was lying face down on the pavement. There were bloodstains near each soldiers' head, and if it is what it seems to be - the killing of prisoners of war - then this constitutes yet another flagrant war crime committed by the Kiev regime's forces. They appeared to have had their jackets, shoes, or helmets removed, but they were wearing camouflage and the white armband usually worn by Russian soldiers. The soldier that the Ukrainians were shown to be shooting in the footage had a jacket pulled over his head and was visibly wounded, with blood near and around him. It seemed like the soldier was gasping for air, shivering as he was likely bleeding out.

There were four men in total, but the amount of blood on the scene makes it seem like there were at least double that were killed in the area. The video has been reportedly filmed just north of the village of Dmytrivka, and just down the road, the footage showed destroyed or heavily damaged Russian equipment, and it is suspected that the war crime took place following a Ukrainian ambush on a Russian column on or around March 30. Despite attempts from Kiev to dodge the blame, the NYT confirmed that the soldiers are Ukrainian, as the Ukrainian Defense Ministry had announced the destruction of the Russian convoy by its forces.

"Not even human"
The deep-rooted hate goes beyond just the killing of the soldiers, as one Ukrainian, while walking between the corpses, said, "These are not even humans." The Ukrainians dehumanizing their rivals while the Russians feed and provide theirs with their basic necessities upon capture reflects the creeds of both parties. At the beginning of the war, the Russian forces had captured an Island in the Black Sea, and Kiev claimed that Moscow's soldiers killed all the Ukrainian soldiers on the Island. However, the border guards laid down their arms voluntarily and were taken in by the Russians, provided with food, medical attention for those who needed it, and other basic necessities.”

’NYT confirms footage of Ukraine soldiers committing war crime’ -AL Mayadeen (https://english.almayadeen.net)