Borta med Bengt

En resa

Huahine 25 juni 2022

Lördag den 25 juni 2022, Fare, Huahine

En orolig natt där 'Bengt' rullade i dyningen. En squal drog över. Väderprognosen talar om regn, squals och hårda vindar från ost. Som så ofta här ligger Sällskapsöarna mellan två trycksystem med vind från olika riktningar. Konversion-zonen som uppstår mellan de här systemen ligger som oftast över oss och ger ostadigt, blåsigt och fuktigt väder.

Målningen fortsatte med två lager på morgonen och ett på eftermiddagen. Tyvärr blöder underlaget igenom. Förmodligen behandlade Bengt, som byggde båten, plywooden med någon slag teakfärgad bets som den vattenbaserade färgen har svårt för. Det är bara att måla på ett par lager till. Vi köpte en 3,8 liters burk (en gallon), det fanns inte mindre, så vi har gott om färg.

"In recognition of this reality, NATO Secretary General Jen Stoltenberg announced that Ukraine will more than likely have to make territorial concessions to Russia as part of any potential peace agreement, asking, "what price are you willing to pay for peace? How much territory, how much independence, how much sovereignty...are you willing to sacrifice for peace?" Stoltenberg, speaking in Finland, noted that similar territorial concessions made by Finland to the Soviet Union at the end of the Second World War was "one of the reasons Finland was able to come out of the Second World War as an independent sovereign nation."

To recap -- the secretary general of the trans-Atlantic alliance responsible for pushing Ukraine into its current conflict with Russia is now proposing that Ukraine be willing to accept the permanent loss of sovereign territory because NATO miscalculated and Russia --instead of being humiliated on the field of battle and crushed economically -- is winning on both fronts.

Decisively."

SCOTT RITTER: The Fantasy of Fanaticism (www,consortiumnews.com)