s/v Between da Sheets

29 August 2016 | Puerto Vallarta
22 February 2016 | Mazatlan
09 September 2015 | La Paz
06 August 2015 | Sea of Cortez
13 March 2015 | Isla Espiritu Santos
06 March 2015 | Todo Santos
22 February 2015 | La Paz
12 November 2014 | La Paz
07 November 2014 | Cabo San Lucas
04 November 2014 | Bahia Santa Maria
30 October 2014 | Baja Cal Sur, Mexico
27 October 2014 | San diego
01 October 2014 | San Diego
26 September 2014 | San Francisco
10 September 2014 | Neah Bay
16 August 2014 | Neah Bay
16 March 2014 | Seattle
11 December 2013 | Seattle

Road Trip

06 March 2015 | Todo Santos
Rick/Sunny
This day we hooked up with a comrade in arms from our dock who had been in "that conflict" some fifty years ago. I had got to know Mick some weeks previous as he had invited us over for a jam session he was hosting with a number of other guys who had guitars and such. Any way we were invited for a drive with him and Linda in their truck to an artsy place called Todo Santos a few hours from La Paz. Funny thing is it was near the Pacific coast north of Cabo San Lucas.
Todos Santos is a unique, desert oasis on the Tropic of Cancer, nestled amongst ancient orchards of mango and palm, with spectacular views overlooking its white sand beaches and the Pacific Ocean. The town is located on a mesa to the west of the Sierra de La Laguna mountain range, between the resort cities of Cabo San Lucas to the south and La Paz to the northeast. Blessed with the most favorable climate in Baja Sur, Todos Santos is a haven for artists, craftsmen, surfers and travelers seeking adventure, natural beauty and a healthy lifestyle. It is here that rich history, centuries' old traditions and warm hospitality blend with modern conveniences to make this a magical community. One should experience the fine dining, unique resorts, excellent shopping and renowned galleries of Todos Santos, Baja's one and only "Pueblo MagĂ­co".
Handicraft shops, owner-operated art galleries featuring landscape paintings of local scenes, upscale restaurants, boutique hotels and restored colonial buildings have contributed to the redevelopment of the town are some of the sights you will see. The Hotel California is a favorite stop here because of the name association with the song made famous by the Eagles, even though the song does not specifically reference this particular hotel, nor any other existing hotel.
We spent the whole day on our road trip and toured the town doing some shopping where I purchased a handmade blanket for about $18 US, from a shop as you enter the town on the right. This shop also sells blankets of all types and colors as well as hammocks that I wish I had bought. They have other things for sale but I was engrossed in watching a young girl about eleven years old weaving these beautiful blankets and hammocks on a makeshift loom of square tubing. In another alcove of shops Sharon bought a silver bracelet.
Comments
Vessel Name: Between da Sheets
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 42s7
Hailing Port: Seattle WA
Crew: Sharon Seeber
About:
Rick and Sharon met in 1966, married two years later and have been in love ever since. Much later they moved to Seattle WA in 1998. Rick has always been interested in boating & fishing with the first boat a Sixteen foot Livingston and two subsequent boats a 20' cuddy cabin and a Bayliner 30'. [...]
Extra: This is the story of our love, tears, sweat, frustrations and bruises on the path to this adventure as we become "sociological drop outs". We invite you to join us along the way and share in the adventure. We welcome your comments.
Between da Sheets's Photos - Main
Another cooking session at Olivias' house to prepare Emenadas.
5 Photos
Created 23 March 2015
Puerto Ballena three lobe bay
6 Photos
Created 16 March 2015
Anchorage
11 Photos
Created 16 March 2015
Day trip to Todo Santos 5/6/15
6 Photos
Created 16 March 2015
San Diego to Cabo
5 Photos
Created 17 November 2014
Going from Seattle to San Diego
6 Photos
Created 17 November 2014
Day on the water front with Sharon
17 Photos
Created 17 August 2013
8/2013 First time on the Hard
6 Photos
Created 17 August 2013
Pics of our house
15 Photos
Created 6 June 2013