The big delivery

Vessel Name: Roama
Vessel Make/Model: Duncanson 37
Hailing Port: Was Port Stephens, Is Kettering, Will be Brisbane
Crew: Hans, Martin, Ian & Pete
About:
Hans and Martin are brothers and have owned a Triton 24 for a couple of years. They grew up mucking around on sailboats and their oldies did coastal and offshore cruising in the eighties. Ian has owned a number of boats including a beloved Hartley 21 (State champion). [...]
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/bigdelv
Social:
14 October 2011 | Port Arthur
10 October 2011 | Brisbane
30 September 2011
29 September 2011
26 September 2011
24 September 2011
22 September 2011 | Cronalla
20 September 2011
18 September 2011 | Bermagui
18 September 2011 | Eden
15 September 2011 | Near Eden
12 September 2011 | East coast Tassie
11 September 2011 | East coast tassie
04 September 2011 | Brisbane
24 August 2011 | Kettering Tas
Recent Blog Posts
14 October 2011 | Port Arthur

Holed up

Port Arthur

10 October 2011 | Brisbane

Home at last

Home at last

30 September 2011

Night Watches

Night Watches

29 September 2011

Port Macquarie

Port Macquarie 

26 September 2011

Oysters @ Port Stephens

Oysters @ Port Stephens:

24 September 2011

Cronulla to Port Stephens

Cronulla to Port Stephens

Time for a rest

22 September 2011 | Cronalla
Burney
Time for a rest
After a very narrow passage navigating the beacons to our chosen anchorage we dropped the pick in calm waters at Cronulla. 8pm, a glass of bubbly and nibbles while dinner heats up and then a good nights rest. Thursday lent it's self to rest day with 20k north-easterlies. With very little arm-twisting, the dingy was deployed. A sunny day walking Along the surf beach, ice-creams, coffees, a fresh steak sandwich and swim. Yep, we're living! 
There's alwAys chores on board so it was a quick run over for water and fuel and a chat with the locals about boats and conditions. That's when the reverse gear decided to be temperamental. Another job for our engineer, pete. This evening after a chilled white wine and a very tasty fresh fish Laksa thanks to Pete and Hans, some Port and dark chocolate we head off for an early sleep.
By 4 am we were up and at it. How spectacular coming out of our harbor with the rising sea mists and the advancing glow of the rising sun. Run past the southern beaches: Coogie, Bronti, Bondi. The Cbd skyscrapers peak over the escarpments from sea level and then the Sydney Harbour Bridge crowds onto view. Onward past the heads with Manly ferries bringing workers to the city and the radio chatters about road congestion. Not out here, baby. Gentle winds let us sight see the northern beaches to Palm Beach where Hans decides to add the main sail. This skipper is not a lover of "lazy jacks" and this became more apparent every time he Tried hoisting the sail With one or other batten hooking up. A few expletives later and all crew assisting we are happily under full sail making our way to Port Stephens, where Roama is registered. We'll probably by pass any sights as we put in an all- nighter. The fishing line is deployed and we're on one hr shifts enjoying some magnificent coast line and bay townships. We share this with only the occasional sailboat or Huge tanker, seabirds and a rare puffy cloud. I could get used to this. 
Ps eta just moved to a possible Tues/Wed Brisbane delivery.
Comments

About & Links