free as a bird

19 April 2014 | Warderick Wells Exumas
19 April 2014 | Warderick Wells Exumas
31 March 2014 | Nassau Harbour Club Marina
01 March 2014 | Boot Key, Marathon, FL
19 April 2011 | Warderick Wells Exumas
02 April 2011 | George Town Exuma
11 March 2011 | Warderick Wells
30 April 2010 | Nassau Bahamas
15 April 2010 | Rock Sound Harbor, Eleuthera
31 March 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island, Bahamas
20 March 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island, Bahamas
15 March 2010 | Georgetown Bahamas
27 February 2010 | Nassau Bahamas
19 February 2010 | Marathon, FL
25 January 2010 | Useppa Island
18 January 2010 | Shell Island, Panama City, FL
29 April 2009 | Georgetown
14 April 2009 | Georgetown Bahamas
03 April 2009 | Warderick Wells-Exuma Park
24 March 2009 | Nassau, Bahamas

free as a bird

31 March 2008 | Home Again, Home Again Jiggity Jig
Frank and Gail
Well, we did set sail last Tuesday from Clearwater, FL to Panama City. We expected a perfect sail, however, the wind direction prevented that. The wind came from the back, so we rolled from side to side uncomfortably over the first night. The wind subsided, and although still from behind, it was a comfortable "rock to sleep." Thursday morning the winds changed and came from the East. We had a lovely sail for about the last 6 hours into Panama City.

Instead of anchoring and sleeping, we "dieseled up" and kept going. It felt so good to get back to our Bay (Choctowahatchee). Keesi can roam the boat freely instead of staying in the cockpit. She walks from the front of the boat to the back, over and over, for hours looking for dolphins. We reached our favorite anchorage across from Hammock Point barely by dark.

The next morning we took our time savoring our tea, coffee and breakfast. At about the time we were pulling up anchor, lots of dolphins came to tell Keesi "welcome home."

We pulled into the dock at 12:50. We were so glad to see Pete and Clare. We went to our favorite Chinese Restaurant (something we didn't find in the Bahamas). That evening (Friday) we watched University of Memphis play Michigan State. Those Tigers look better each game. Go Tigers!!!!!

Saturday, we organized and secured the boat, loaded the car and left for Memphis about 5:30 p.m. We arrived at the cabin at 2:00 a.m. We turned out the lights, went to bed by 3:00 and closed the book on one of the most remarkable experiences of our lives.

Big Easy, over and out, standing by on 16.
Comments