By the by...
11 March 2013 | Ballard, WA
Roy / No change in the weather
For those of you who are tired of project postings I have good news, ...I'll be running out of them soon. I promise. I can only think of one or two more right now. Also, I understand you can filter this blog by the type of posting. Note that there's usually a posting type, right now either Project or Reflections, at the bottom of each post. If you click on this under a type of posting you're interest in, it should filter for that type of posting. Filters for these categories should also appear on the right side of the blog.
I eventually plan to have more categories, my purpose being to allow discriminating readers to filter out the bull-pucky they're not interested in. My thinking presently tends in the following directions:
- Reflections is, as should be apparent already, my thoughts on life, mostly as pertaining to cruising, but I reserve the prerogative of wandering off that topic as much and as far as I damn well please.
- Projects is my means of boring technically disinterested readers into sending heart-rending comments to plead that I leave them out of such balderdash.
- Blog Rules and Regulations are intended to lay down the law and/or otherwise describe how I'm working this blog site. It's my site and I'll do what I want with it, thank you.
- Definitions and Lore, though it does not yet enjoy any entries, will be a means for this wise old salt to educate you landlubbers on nautical terminology or other such nonsense as I see fit. This, I hope, will allow me to wax nautically poetic with such words as scallywag, bulwark, and lazarette without ruining my rhythm by stopping to define the words as I go.
- Prose and Poetry is a tactic I intend to use to counter the Projects category. That is, if I can't drive you away with exhausting technical treatises, I'll turn to original (or even plagiarized) word art to accomplish what I couldn't by other means.
- Equipment, as if Projects wasn't enough, is another way for me to indulge the engineer in me by posting more technical stuff. We're like magpies, you know. If it's bright and shiney we want to feather our nest with it. That's what I'll do!
In actuality, I haven't really figured out how this blog works, so I may have to eat my words here. I'm sure you're standing by with antici....................pation for that lovely eventuality.