Blue Hour

Who: Jonathon, Nina, Joni, Jonas, Sirius
Port: Toronto
10 June 2023 | Toronto, Ontario
06 September 2022 | Toronto, Canada
06 September 2022 | Somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean
06 September 2022 | Edinburgh, Scotland
06 September 2022 | Edinburgh, Scotland
06 September 2022 | Edinburgh, Scotland
06 September 2022 | Edinburgh, Scotland
06 September 2022 | Edinburgh, Scotland
06 September 2022 | Glasgow, Scotland
06 September 2022 | Ardrossan, Scotland
06 September 2022 | Ardrossan, Scotland
06 September 2022 | Toronto, Canada
27 August 2022 | Gigha, Scotland
27 August 2022 | Carsaig, Scotland
27 August 2022 | Tayvallich, Scotland
27 August 2022 | Tayvallich, Scotland
27 August 2022 | Carsaig, Scotland
27 August 2022 | Canna, Scotland
27 August 2022 | Canna, Scotland
27 August 2022 | Canna, Scotland

18 April 2018 | Kanal Sv. Ante, Croatia
Joni
Uvala Stonca, Vis, is a wilderness anchorage. We hiked to a town, where we played at a playground and Mom and Val went for a walk. It was quite hot, so Dad and I went and got ice cream. We sailed to Uvala Mala Luka, on Otok Drvenik, but I was sick the first day we were there and didn’t go to shore. Dad and Gavin went for a walk with Sirius and saw a huge hare. Sirius is a Greek harehound, so Dad and Gavin tried to get Sirius to chase it. He did, but the hare was too fast. There were lots and lots of ticks there. They are big and black, and they like to burrow into people’s skin. You have to find them before they do it, other wise you might get a disease from them. Whenever we came home from a hike, we found at least three on us and usually ten on Sirius. We stayed there a few more days, before sailing to Kanal Sv. Ante.

There was a big fort from the fifteen hundreds that we wanted to go explore. It was on a peninsula connected to the mainland by a narrow strip of rocks that were somewhat underwater. We managed to cross over to the fort without any wet feet, but it was closed. On the way back, my feet got drenched. The next day, we decided that we would take the dinghy to the other side of the fort where the door was. It was open, so Jonas, Gabe, Lauren, Amelia, Mom, Val, Sirius, and I walked up a rickety wooden ramp to the door. It was made of stone and was very dark inside. We walked up to the roof, where there was a good view of Kanal Sv. Ante. Inside the fort, there was a stone passage that we walked down. It was dark and wet with lots of pigeons. It looked like the dungeons. We didn’t go very far down, because it was wet and creepy, so we went back to the boats.

Next, we sailed to Uvala Potkučina, on Otok Kakan. We took the dinghy to shore and Mom, Sirius, and I went for a walk because we wanted Sirius to get his energy out. The walk only lasted for three minutes, and it was the only trail, so we took the dinghy to a small island in the bay. It looked like there weren’t many trees and it was mostly rock, so we were going to scramble round. Unfortunately, what we thought was just low grass was actually prickle bushes. We found the least prickly route to the top of the island, then decided to turn around. We couldn’t find the route we took up, so we had to go the prickly way. Mom fell down twice into the prickles and I fell down once. There was a hole that Mom fell into, and I didn’t want to fall into it as well. I couldn’t tell where it started, though, because of the prickles. Sirius came and showed me where the edge of the hole was, so I jumped across. I fell over into the prickles on top of Sirius, and Mom had to pull me up. Another time, there were knee-deep plants that completely covered Sirius, who barely got out.

This is us trying to not get wet while going to the fort.
Comments
Vessel Name: Blue Hour
Vessel Make/Model: Westerly Ocean 49
Hailing Port: Toronto
Crew: Jonathon, Nina, Joni, Jonas, Sirius
Blue Hour's Photos - Main
10 Photos
Created 17 July 2022
6 Photos
Created 29 May 2022
8 Photos
Created 17 May 2022
This is the light show in Cascais, Portugal.
21 Photos
Created 27 September 2017
11 Photos
Created 15 June 2017

Who: Jonathon, Nina, Joni, Jonas, Sirius
Port: Toronto