Bluenosers

... time to live the dream!

15 March 2015 | Toronto, Ontario
17 January 2015 | Toronto, Ontario
16 January 2015 | Toronto, Ontario

Living Aboard in a Canadian Winter

17 January 2015 | Toronto, Ontario
Tina ... -20C
Canadian winters can seem very long so looking for boat projects to keep you busy can keep you inside and a bit boat crazy if you’re not careful. The boys decided to add a new dimension to this winter and built a rink on the ice in the Marina. So far it’s making it so much easier for them to pass the day and get fresh air and exercise at the same time.

Of course, socializing is also a huge part of the livaboard lifestyle so throwing a intimate skating party was inevitable… what a blast! Since the rink was located between MurDina and Ocean Spirit we had all the comforts of home close by. We had two propane cookers … one for mussels and one for potato wedges… and to top it off we had the most amazing caesar salad. It was so much fun to hang out with our good friends on the ice, cooking outdoors and even eating outdoors. The best part was not having to worry about chilling the beer and wine. Mother nature took care of that for us.

We are about halfway through the winter at this point and so far it’s been very cold but we haven’t had a lot of snow. Of course, now that I’ve said that, I may regret it.
Comments
Vessel Name: MurDina
Vessel Make/Model: CSY44
Hailing Port: RNSYS
Crew: Steve and Tina

Bluenosers

Who: Steve and Tina
Port: RNSYS