Blue Snail Travel

Vessel Name: BLUE SNAIL
Vessel Make/Model: Corbin 39 CC
Hailing Port: Vancouver
Crew: Frank & Linda
About:
Frank is from Vancouver, B.C. and Linda is from Washington. They left their home in Maryland in late 2010, to start cruising. They traveled South through the ICW to Florida and on to Mexico before transiting the Panama Canal. [...]
Extra: Frank and Linda enjoy traveling with their shipmate Moshe, a domestic short hair cat.
04 May 2016
20 April 2016
21 October 2015
22 June 2015
04 November 2014
04 September 2014 | San Carlos
20 June 2014
06 May 2014
17 March 2014
27 December 2013
05 November 2013
01 October 2013
13 September 2013
16 August 2013
10 July 2013 | 27 56.5
Recent Blog Posts
04 May 2016

Blue snail 2 location

Hello everyone,

21 October 2015

Blue snail II October 2015

It is a out time for a new blog post! I am blaming the delay on the computer. The truth!

22 June 2015

Los Alamos

June 2015

02 April 2015

San Carlos Blue Snail Two

April 2015

04 November 2014

San Carlos Nov 2014

Blue Snail is still in San Carlos. In September, we were fortunate to have the boat here as the remnants of Hurricane Odile passed by, about 75 miles away. This was the storm that was devastating to Cabo San Lucas and La Paz on the Baja side of Mexico. Winds here in San Carlos were about 35-45 for [...]

La Paz 2014

06 May 2014
Blue Snail La Paz April 2014
We truly enjoyed Mazatlan this visit more than that the previous years. As mentioned before, we anchored in the old commercial harbor which is within close walking distance to "Old Mazatlan". We really enjoyed the walks downtown. Also, we walked/hiked to the top of Crestor, which is the high hill overlooking the entire harbor and downtown Mazatlan. This "walk" proved to be much more than it appeared from the bottom . At the very top is located the maritime traffic control office that handles all traffic coming and going in the harbor. Really a very nice and professional group and they did not laugh at our Spanish when we checked in and out from the boat.

We departed Mazatlan on Monday, April 7th and headed across the Sea towards La Paz. Had moderate winds of 10-15 and somewhat lumpy seas resulting in me getting seasick during the overnight passage. I had taken the good meds but that made no difference this time. The next morning was much calmer and the seas flatter. We arrived and were anchored in Los Muertos by 4pm. Very pretty spot and super convenient for those on the way to La Paz. Always nice to get a full nights' rest.
Early the next morning we motor-sailed through Cerralvo Channel and on to Bahia Falsa. This was the first time we had traveled Cerralvo Channel and had no wind. We had never stayed in Falsa and found it extremely nice and a great location to again get some rest and wait for a favorable tide to come in to La Paz. Departed Falsa the next morning with a good tide report and arrived in Marina Cortez about 2pm.
While in La Paz we have some preparations to take care of for our upcoming month or so in the Sea of Cortez. Have to plan carefully as stores are just about non-existent. Will need to obtain new National Park Permits and a new fishing license. The fish license is a joke for us as we never catch anything and certainly nothing that would qualify as a meal. Have to have it, otherwise we wouldn't buy one.......maybe this year we'll have that (by now) very expensive fish dinner. There are other things to do too numerous and cumbersome to mention and just all part of the prep.
Frank traveled to Canada to take care of some business and when he returned after 10 long days in the snowy and cold north, he reminded me of how lucky I am. No argument there.
Our plan is to depart La Paz around the 10th of May and start heading north towards San Carlos. We'll be stopping at all of our favorite anchorages and some new ones we missed before. We are really looking forward to these next few weeks in this gorgeous cruising ground.

Comments

About & Links