Blue Snail Travel

Vessel Name: BLUE SNAIL
Vessel Make/Model: Corbin 39 CC
Hailing Port: Vancouver
Crew: Frank & Linda
About:
Frank is from Vancouver, B.C. and Linda is from Washington. They left their home in Maryland in late 2010, to start cruising. They traveled South through the ICW to Florida and on to Mexico before transiting the Panama Canal. [...]
Extra: Frank and Linda enjoy traveling with their shipmate Moshe, a domestic short hair cat.
04 May 2016
20 April 2016
21 October 2015
22 June 2015
04 November 2014
04 September 2014 | San Carlos
20 June 2014
06 May 2014
17 March 2014
27 December 2013
05 November 2013
01 October 2013
13 September 2013
16 August 2013
10 July 2013 | 27 56.5
Recent Blog Posts
04 May 2016

Blue snail 2 location

Hello everyone,

21 October 2015

Blue snail II October 2015

It is a out time for a new blog post! I am blaming the delay on the computer. The truth!

22 June 2015

Los Alamos

June 2015

02 April 2015

San Carlos Blue Snail Two

April 2015

04 November 2014

San Carlos Nov 2014

Blue Snail is still in San Carlos. In September, we were fortunate to have the boat here as the remnants of Hurricane Odile passed by, about 75 miles away. This was the storm that was devastating to Cabo San Lucas and La Paz on the Baja side of Mexico. Winds here in San Carlos were about 35-45 for [...]

Blue snail II October 2015

21 October 2015
It is a out time for a new blog post! I am blaming the delay on the computer. The truth!

We finally departed Mexico in mid-Sept. The final months were very busy with Frank working long hot days, every day, on the Sprinter conversion. The heat and humidity had increased dramatically. Turned out that this has been the hottest summer on record in San Carlos. Anyway, Frank sure suffered some and went through a lot of water and extra t-shirts!

It wa shard to say "so long" to Mexico. We have so enjoyed our time there and have made many vreat memories and friends. Hopefully, we will get the opportunity to visit again. We will miss our Blue Snail and even our little "casita" that was our temporary home. The geckos and lizards and scorpilns will also be missed. Well, maybe not the scorpions, but everything else we got to know in Mexico.

So, we are out with the Sprinter and just a few parts short of totally liveable status. Currently, we are staying with family in Winnipeg and really enjoying the visit. On our trip north, we made stops in Phoenix, Salt Lake City and Cheyenne before arriving in Manitoba almost a month ago.
Frank is completing the work on the major systems so we can travel west to better weather for the winter.

Over the coming winter we'll work on all the smaller things that still need to be done on the conversion. We expect to leave Winnipeg in the next few days to start our travels and we are excited. For the first time, we will be able to live in our new home....what a new adventure for us!

Looking forward to a great travel year in 2016. Hope to do a better blog later on....all for now and our best to everyone!!
Comments

About & Links