Blue Spirit sails to Spain

17 July 2011
14 July 2011
12 July 2011
06 July 2011 | La Rochelle
02 July 2011 | Santander
23 June 2011 | Viveiro
20 June 2011 | La Coruna
18 June 2011 | first of the Ria Alto
12 June 2011 | Isla Ons
09 June 2011
08 June 2011 | Combarro
06 June 2011 | Isla Cies
04 June 2011
25 May 2011 | Moana, Vigo
22 May 2011 | Sangenjo
20 May 2011
19 May 2011 | Muros
18 May 2011 | Portosin, Ria du Muros
13 May 2011 | La Coruna

Combarro, Ria De Pontevedra

08 June 2011 | Combarro
After dozing and rocking#(due to excessive ferry wash in Cangas) for 3 hours, we got up, hurried breakfast, said our goodbyes to the guys on Moana (sorry for running off so quickly) and headed off to Ria de Ponteverda before the wind came up. We had a super sail, up wind of course and caught some mackerel for tea in the only spot in Galicia with fish in it! The wind came up as usual about 2pm as we were sailing into the Ria which was great as by then we had born away. We sailed right up to Combarro and went into the new marina for the night. Fantastic facilities, new, clean and a reasonable price (despite the Reeds saying it would be expensive). We took the kids to the play ground and just happened to walk up some steps to find a toilet, when we stumbled across a brilliant street with original 12th century buildings full of tourist shops, quite unexpected. Still haven’t worked out what the stone buildings on stilts were for? Cod salting? Fish smoking or may be coffins! Who knows. If only we could speak Spanish. One lady did try to tell us why there were so many witches on display and for sale, something to do with pagan ceremonies or magic or religion. Perhaps if they keep repeating the same word for long enough we’ll suddenly have a moment of clarity and get it. (not) -ps will put some photos on when i find the disc that came with the new camera and work out how to make the pictures small enough to upload!
Comments
Vessel Name: Blue Spirit
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 50
Hailing Port: Poole, England
Crew: Dave, Jackie and kids

Who: Dave, Jackie and kids
Port: Poole, England