Boatless in Seattle

11 July 2010 | Anacortes
10 July 2010 | Spencer Spit
09 July 2010 | Jones Island
08 July 2010 | Portland Island
07 July 2010 | Telegraph Harbor
06 July 2010 | Hardy Island
05 July 2010 | Princess Louisa lay day
04 July 2010 | Princess Louisa
03 July 2010 | Garden Bay (Pender Harbor)
02 July 2010 | Salt Spring Island
01 July 2010 | Poet's Cove
30 June 2010 | Anacortes, WA
23 September 2009 | Kos
21 September 2009 | Astipalaia
20 September 2009 | Santorini
19 September 2009 | Santorini
18 September 2009 | Santorini
17 September 2009 | Ios

Day 10 – I pronounce you still married

20 September 2009 | Santorini
Melissa
We slept in and then in the afternoon Marla and Melissa went for massages at the Euros beach bar we found last night. We paid for 50 minutes each and got 1.5 hour. The masseuse was a gal from the UK on vacation, but in Santorini because she wanted to move there and set up a palates center. She was filling in as a favor to the owner of the bar. The massages were fabulous - set on the beach you could hear the waves and feel the nice breeze. Ahhhhh.....



We went back to the Euros bar at sunset and Dad and Marla exchanged a short set of vows. Dave ends with "By the authority vested in me by the Washington State Boater Education Card and endorsed by the Greek Port Police, I now pronounce you still husband and wife." Melissa had ordered a bottle of champagne and we had a toast to celebrate.












We then went to dinner at the Saltsa restaurant. It was described on one of the guides as being "the best restaurant in the island and the cook/owner is supposed to be one of the best 10 chefs in Greece". Directions to the restaurant were as follows: It is located in Firostefani on the right side of the main road going from Fira to Imerovigli about 800 meters after the main square of Fira. Believe it or not we found it! The food was AMAZING. One of the 5 best meals we've ever eaten anywhere any time. Every dish they served was incredible and unique. And not expensive. A bottle of wine, dessert, appetizers, and main dishes for 4 people and the total was $135 Euros.
Comments
Vessel Name: various
Vessel Make/Model: we charter
Hailing Port: Seattle
Crew: Melissa & Dave

Who: Melissa & Dave
Port: Seattle