s/v A Wind & A Prayer -

05 September 2015
05 September 2015
31 August 2015
28 August 2015
27 August 2015 | Barbara
25 August 2015
23 August 2015
23 August 2015
23 August 2015
17 August 2015
16 August 2015
15 August 2015
15 August 2015
15 August 2015
10 August 2015
10 August 2015

8-31 Ford Yacht Club

31 August 2015
Barbara
8-31 Ford Yacht Club: It was down the Detroit River today. We left at 10am and had enough wind to put up the head sail. It was an hour sail to the mouth of the river. We encountered several tankers in the first three miles. Then the freighter traffic eased. There was a much lighter amount of small boat traffic as it was Monday morning. The ride today was much less choppy than yesterday and much more pleasant. The sun was shining all day, but it was hazy. The temps were much warmer in the low 80's. The humidity was quite high, making it feel warmer, so the breeze was much appreciated. We passed the GM plant and several other big industries. The left bank was the Canadian side and the right bank was the Michigan side. If there is a competition of which country gets the award for the nicest river front, Canada would win hands down. The American side was all industry and high rise. The Canadian side was all parks and landscaping. We took a couple of side channels off the main river. This was for two reasons, one a change of scenery and two to get out of the shipping lanes. We arrived at Ford Yacht Club at the bottom of Grosse Isle at 3pm. The club is closed on Mondays, so no one was around. We spent a pleasant hour sitting under willow trees on the water front. Dinner was sausage grillers. The evening cooled off nicely and it was very pleasant to sit out and read. The pic is the GM plant.
Comments
Vessel Name: A Wind & A Prayer
Vessel Make/Model: 376 Hunter
Hailing Port: Medina, Ohio
Crew: Bob & Barbara Steinmetz

s/v A Wind & A Prayer -

Who: Bob & Barbara Steinmetz
Port: Medina, Ohio