Midlife Crisis Cure

19 August 2008
29 February 2008 | La Cruz
24 February 2008 | Barra de Navidad
01 February 2008 | Manzanillo
30 January 2008 | From Manzanillo
30 January 2008 | From Manzanillo
25 January 2008 | Barra de Navidad
25 January 2008 | Barra de Navidad
25 January 2008 | From Barra
25 January 2008 | Barra de Navidad
24 January 2008
01 January 2008
28 December 2007 | Mazatlan
28 December 2007
27 December 2007
27 December 2007 | From Mazatlan
22 December 2007
19 December 2007
19 December 2007

San Blas

01 January 2008
We left Maz on Saturday or Friday I can not keep up. A great although very lumpy and uncomfortable sail and then motor to Isla Isabela.

What a place! Huge frigate birds nesting in low trees that we passed only a few feet from and they never moved. They sort of looked at us with curiosity or disdain. Not sure. Either way it was and experience. I remember as a kid seeing these birds with their red breasts in a Time Life magazine. they captured my attention and imagination at the time and now here I was walking right next to them in real life. I am a lucky man.

I am sure these birds fed my desire as a young man to travel the world and see some of the wonderful treasures it held.

We saw blue footed boobies nesting on the side of sheer cliffs. Terns and laughing gulls. Hundreds of birds everywhere.

A pod of humpback whales put on a great show just off the anchorage. You could really see their long white fins as they jumped out of the water.

We only stayed one night in the tenuous anchorage and motored in a light headwind to San Blas. Matanchen Bay to be exact. After I got in I realized it was New Years Eve. There were people verywhere on the beach so Pat and I dolled up for the big fiesta. At 6 oclock we headed in to shore only to find NO ONE! The place was deserted. Oh well, off to beddy bye at 8 pm.

More on this historic town later. Happy New Year to everyone.
Comments
Vessel Name: Bold Lady
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina 38
Hailing Port: Long Beach, Ca
Extra: Singlehanded sailor heading to Mexico Gold Coast then up to Sea for Spring and Summer

Mike Perez

Port: Long Beach, Ca