Adventures of S/V Boomerang!

Preparing for the Offshore Rally -

05 June 2014 | LaTrappe Creek
29 May 2013 | Chesapeake Bay
29 May 2013 | Chesapeake Bay
18 April 2013 | Oxford,MD
03 May 2010 | Kent Narrows to Knapps Narrows
19 April 2010 | Kent Island, MD
30 March 2010 | St Michaels, MD
13 February 2010 | Kent Narrows, MD
10 February 2010 | St Michaels, MD
09 February 2010 | Yacht Yard, Kent Narrows
02 February 2010 | Home Port
29 December 2009 | St Michaels, MD

Snowed In Again....

02 February 2010 | Home Port
CS - Snow...and more coming!
Well, another weekend has passed without being able to accomplish much...8 inches of snow the other night, and more coming later today.

Boomerang! is sitting on her stands, covered in a nice, warm blanket of snow, awaiting our return....divest of her cabin cushions which we took home to air, clean, and probably re-cover...that reminds me...have not even looked at them since the other day. Heard all kinds of interesting ways to remove the diesel smell...have not tried any of them yet, but they involve a pool, some oxyclean, and us... Not sure we are going to try that one...but it does sound like fun!

The next projects include the new sail we bought, a nice big 145 genoa with blue sun cover which are going to be the new colors..bimini, dodger, interior cushions....etc. Also, cleaning and buffing out the hull to bring her shine back, the sheer and boot stripes, and a new bottom. We have effectively cleaned out the boat, and are going to oil all the teak inside and there is lots of it. Should bring it back to a nice new shine.

Found a new marina at Tilghman Island on the Narrows...a really nice place, and we were pleasantly surprised! So it looks as though Boomerang! will have a nice home that is not too far from our home...

Anyway, that's all for today, but I will be updating and sharing pictures as time goes on through her refit.
Comments
Vessel Name: Boomerang!
Vessel Make/Model: 1980 Cal 39, Mark II
Hailing Port: Oxford, MD
Crew: Capt Charles and Gina (Jib Chick)
About: Gina (Jib Chick) My Wife, My Partner and My Very Bestest Friend - Love Ya Babe!
Extra: Boomerang! is finally back in the water after another long hard winter....and her complete refit!

Who: Capt Charles and Gina (Jib Chick)
Port: Oxford, MD