Adventures of S/V Boomerang!

Preparing for the Offshore Rally -

05 June 2014 | LaTrappe Creek
29 May 2013 | Chesapeake Bay
29 May 2013 | Chesapeake Bay
18 April 2013 | Oxford,MD
03 May 2010 | Kent Narrows to Knapps Narrows
19 April 2010 | Kent Island, MD
30 March 2010 | St Michaels, MD
13 February 2010 | Kent Narrows, MD
10 February 2010 | St Michaels, MD
09 February 2010 | Yacht Yard, Kent Narrows
02 February 2010 | Home Port
29 December 2009 | St Michaels, MD

Just noticed....

18 April 2013 | Oxford,MD
CFS - Sunny and warm....finally....
Wow, all, I just realized that it has been quite some tiime since I updated this blog!!

Last year, we updated everything on the boat, investing heavily in her. New rig, newly rebuilt engine and transmission, new sails, and more....then sailed her the rest of the short season that was left.

In October, 2012, Good Old Boat Magazine asked to do a feature boat spread on her, so they came put during the Annapolis Boat Show, and took about 1000 still images, and several videos...one of the stills, my favorite, is the new face of this blog.... The issue is now out on the book store stands, March/April edition....its a well done article... One of the photos here on this post....winds 18-20, gusts to 25 the day of the shoot...so you may notice we are reefed down....

Just a few weeks ago, rebuilt the house battery system, added another 520 A/H of batteries, finished soda blasting the bottom, new barrier coat, and new paint. Splashed her a week ago...finally.

Planning on bending on the new sails this weekend, and getting ready for the DelMarVA Rally in June.

She truly is ready for her world tour now! More later....

Comments
Vessel Name: Boomerang!
Vessel Make/Model: 1980 Cal 39, Mark II
Hailing Port: Oxford, MD
Crew: Capt Charles and Gina (Jib Chick)
About: Gina (Jib Chick) My Wife, My Partner and My Very Bestest Friend - Love Ya Babe!
Extra: Boomerang! is finally back in the water after another long hard winter....and her complete refit!

Who: Capt Charles and Gina (Jib Chick)
Port: Oxford, MD