The Boriken

The Boriken Rises

21 May 2015
So, it seems we have our financing all in order, we have the boat supposedly in process of being loaded out by the seller and we tick down the final items ahead of our June 9th closing date. I have been traveling quite a bit of late for business but yet my mind keeps going to the Fort Lauderdale Marine Center where our future baby sits in the Coke colored water, probably growing barnacles and rust stains already :) - we really can't wait to close on her and take her out and stretch her sails (and make sure she doesn't have a year's growth of marine life on her hull). We will be buying a dinghy sooner than later I am thinking and I have been doing a great deal of research on this. I think we are going to go for the Lehr Propane outboard, I am thinking this SHOULD be a better bet than a normal Mercury etc. We will figure that part out. Had an idea to get one of those fancy dinghies with the steering wheel and all that but Christ ALMIGHTY those get real expensive REAL fast. Instead we are likely going to go with a nice West Marine Dinghy - though I continue to research that as well. Apparently Chaps are a good idea (on the dinghy, not me) and I am reading reviews closely. AB seems like one of the better brands but they cost a lot for a 10 foot variety boat with the various hull options. Still trying to decide what sort of hull to go with, fiberglass or a roll up etc. Not sure even now....would be great to be able to throw it in the Jeep and take it to the Keys sometime if we decided against bringing the Boriken down......still not sure. Anyways we eagerly anticipate the coming days and are still hoping the Catamaran Company doesn't pull a surprise on us.....was a little underwhelmed when we visited on Mother's Day a week or so ago, NOTHING had been started even a leak we had seen was still an issue - the leak is in a window and had a piece of blue tape so they were aware of it....anyways that was still not tackled and neither were ANY of the add on items (Gen/AC/Davits/2nd Head) etc. The only thing that HAD been done is all of the fancy decorations in the interior and sheet sets etc were all stripped leaving a very BASIC boat behind. We really want to get her equipped and then close and start to making it a second home away from home.....Anyways I write this from assignment in Barbados.....staring out at the sailboats off the beach dreaming of one day joining them offshore....maybe not all the way out here but in the Bahamas one day anyways.
Comments
Vessel Name: Boriken
Vessel Make/Model: 2014 Gemini Legacy 35
Hailing Port: Miramar, FL
Crew: Marisol

Who: Marisol
Port: Miramar, FL