Cruise of the Boundless

We've been threatening to do this for a while and now, by Jove, we've done it. We's gone sailing!

Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard, quick update.

21 September 2019 | Nantucket
Your Friendly Narrative Manager Queequeg. | Beautiful weather, after the first couple of days blowing 20+.
Hello All!

I will spare you my usual verbiage this time in favor of a quick update as I catch up on different things, including my guitar studies and drawings (well, more like doodling). My inner Renaissance woman has been texting me like crazy, demanding attention.

We have spent several days in Nantucket - and enjoyed it immensely. The first couple of days where very windy but once past those it's been a summer treat. The natural beauty of this boomerang-shaped island is stunning. We did one of the longer bike paths (loading the bikes onto the dinghy and taking them to shore was no small feat, due to wind and chop) all along Polpis Road to Sankaty Light, on the south-east part of the Island. A two-hour and change round trip ride and totally worth it, with the scent of the vegetation and fresh air filling your lungs.

We've had our full soak in local history, including the beautiful Whaling Museum and a visit to the oldest buildings on the islands; we've successfully blended in with some... unique artistic installations in town, spent time on a gorgeous little beach even putting our feet in the water without freezing, incredibile, and have been amused by the fashions showcased by the people walking around. Ah, the Vanity Fair flavor of it all! The highlight of the visit to Martha's Vineyard also involved biking and it was our expedition to Oak Bluffs, with all those charming and colorful Victorian gingerbread houses! What a contrast with the mansions-on-steroids you could see at anchor in Edgartown😂! Biking back, you could see these shining-white herons in the marshes what majestic birds. And definitely to be mentioned are the beautiful, both classics and contemporary designs of sailing boats that you see in the harbor, as they prepare to go off on a regatta or as they come back at the end of the day, their crew ready to stow away everything and go party at the local club...

Please take a look at our Gallery and check the Map page to see exactly where we are - forgive us any discrepancy in time and location.😊
Comments
Vessel Name: Boundless
Vessel Make/Model: Chris White Atlantic 57
Hailing Port: Gorda Sound
Crew: David & Samantha
Social:
Boundless's Photos - Main
55 Photos
Created 20 February 2024
61 Photos
Created 13 February 2023
20 Photos
Created 13 February 2023
47 Photos
Created 29 May 2022
79 Photos
Created 6 March 2021
70 Photos
Created 26 May 2020
98 Photos
Created 26 November 2019
74 Photos
Created 14 September 2019
Drawings, sketches and other artistic attempts by your Friendly Narrative Manager.
24 Photos
Created 3 August 2019
Our favorite pictures in this part of the cruise.
243 Photos
Created 22 June 2019
All about the boat
45 Photos
Created 22 June 2019