Bravado Breeze

Sailing into the Sunset

26 October 2013
25 October 2013
14 October 2013
09 October 2013
07 October 2013
06 October 2013
05 October 2013
02 October 2013
02 October 2013
01 October 2013
30 September 2013
30 September 2013
24 September 2013
22 September 2013
21 September 2013
16 September 2013
14 September 2013
13 September 2013

Garry's Anchorage - Mooloolaba

24 September 2013
As we approached Garry's Anchorage we were surprised that there were only 3 houseboats there compared to around 20 boats last time here. That soon changed when the weather predictions were 25 plus knot winds and we were joined by quite a few yachts and cats as its a well protected area.

Constantly checking the weather reports it looked like the earliest we could cross the notorious Wide Bay Bar was going to be Saturday, however listening to the Tin Can Bay Coastguard and a few yachts at the mouth of the bar it was reported that the bar was "flat as anything" we decided to quickly pack things away, put the dinghie on Bravado and rush the 14 nm from Garry's to the Bar while the tide was rising. As it turned out that was a very good decision, after accessing the bar we decided to cross it and head to Mooloolaba. Even the "mad mile" turned out to be a very mild mile. By then it was was 12.30 and with the 64 nm journey would mean that we would arrive in Mooloolaba at night. We don't normally like crossing a bar or arriving at a place at night, however we have been here before and Steve felt confident. What a great job he did, it was pitch black, no moon, followed the lead light through the bar and then navigated through the river to our anchorage at "The Pond" Well done Steve!!! Staying here probably till Sunday or Monday, Steve wants to watch the footie final on Saturday and we have a few jobs to be done.
Comments
Vessel Name: Bravado
Vessel Make/Model: Olympic 40
Hailing Port: Melbourne
Crew: Captain Steve & First Mate Ines
Extra: Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do then by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain -- Living the dream and sailing into the sunset
Home Page: www.sailblogs.com/member/directory_bravadobreeze/
Social:

Bravado's Crew

Who: Captain Steve & First Mate Ines
Port: Melbourne