27 October 2016 | Oxford, MD
We got underway just after dawn, intending to head South about 50 miles to Solomon’s Island, MD. Winds were forecast to increase from the Southwest in the early afternoon, just prior to our planned arrival. However, big winds and waves arrived on our bow several hours earlier. After taking water over the fly bridge we decided to seek refuge by turning left into the Choptank River and a short time later anchored in the fairly well protected harbor at Oxford, MD (pictured) where we will remain until better weather returns. A good time to catch up on reading.