Brilliant Days

15 August 2018 | Lincolnville, ME
26 June 2018 | Butter Island, ME
29 August 2017 | Buckle Island and North Haven, ME
27 August 2017 | Northeast Harbor, ME
25 August 2017 | Frenchboro, Long Island, ME
22 August 2017 | Hurricane Island
01 August 2017 | Dix Island, ME
31 July 2017 | Tenants Harbor, ME
24 July 2017 | Penobscot Bay
11 May 2017 | Camden, ME
09 May 2017 | Georgetown, ME
08 May 2017 | Rockport, MA
07 May 2017 | Onset, MA
02 May 2017 | Barrington, RI
30 April 2017 | Duck Island, CT
29 April 2017 | Stamford, CT
28 April 2017 | Sandy Hook, NJ
27 April 2017 | Atlantic City
26 April 2017 | Cape May, NJ
23 April 2017 | Delaware City, DE

More Summer Adventures

22 August 2017 | Hurricane Island
Rich
We have spent some time entertaining friends and neighbors on Brilliant this month. On the 10th our friends Dave and Kate joined us for a trip to Searsport where we used a free town mooring and revisited the excellent Penobscot Bay Maritime Museum. On the 15th we planned a day trip with our neighbors Len and Jeff and former neighbors Dan and Sue but dense fog for the entire day resulted instead in a long and enjoyable lunch on board tied up to our mooring in Sherman Cove. Beth and Jared also came to visit for a few days last week but on the two days that Beth was not working remotely the weather again precluded a planned overnight boat trip. Jared and I did spend one day in the outer harbor taking turns in our kayak and dinghy - his first time solo driving the dinghy - and a good time was had by all. Yesterday we (Hildy and Rich) cruised to Hurricane Island, off the southeast side of Vinalhaven, where we moored overnight and spent this morning hiking around the island. It is privately owned but the owners only use one end of the island where they have a fairly impressive unique looking house. The remainder of the island was used for years by the Outward Bound program, which moved to the mainland a few years ago and it is now used by the Hurricane Island Center for Science and Leadership which is a nonprofit for marine research which runs summer programs for teen students and workshops for teachers and adult learners in the fall and spring. Apart from all that the island was a granite quarry and polishing center until the early 20th century and has spectacular scenery and hiking trails that we thoroughly enjoyed. The picture is of a granite outdoor oven and stove used by the program with Brilliant moored in the background. More pictures will be added to the gallery.
Comments
Vessel Name: Brilliant
Vessel Make/Model: Grand Banks 42
Hailing Port: Camden, ME
Crew: Rich and Hildy Itkin
Brilliant's Photos - Main
8 Photos
Created 15 August 2018
Summer 2017
15 Photos
Created 24 July 2017

Who: Rich and Hildy Itkin
Port: Camden, ME