Cal 40 "Shaman" *******Sold********
05 August 2014
I have taken some pictures that can be seen in the photo gallery on the right side of this blog. Shaman is a turn-key solution that is ready to go now for ocean and bay racing. If you're interested, I also have a (really big) trailer for transporting her back from Hawaii on Matson Lines which is now for sale. Read on.
One of the best equipped Cal 40s on the West Coast. Fully equipped for racing to Hawaii, coastal races, around the buoys, as well as cruising on the weekends with the family. Great sail inventory, many upgrades.
HULL & APPENDAGES
• Hull and keel filled and faired in 2003 by Paul Rosenthal
• Carbon rudder by Waterat (Larry Tuttle) w/carbon post and Jefa self-adjusting bearing
• Keel trailing edge above shaft log has been ground out and re-glassed
• Deck to hull joint cleaned out and re-sealed with 5200.
• New teak toe rail & stanchions moved outboard to through-bolt through deck to hull joint.
• New bow pulpit and stern pushpit with seats.
• Reinforced hull at backstay
• Yanmar 3Jh4E Diesel 39 HP (new in 2005)
• Integrated v-drive
• Martec 2 blade feathering prop
• 40 gal fuel tank (new in 2005)
• Two 8D AGM house batteries
• One engine start battery
• Ample Power Smart Alternator Regulator V3
• Shorepower battery charger
• Xantrex 1800W inverter
• AC outlets (shorepower & inverter)
• Rule electric bilge pump with float switch in bilge.
• Manual bilge pump operable from inside cabin.
• Manual bilge pump operable from cockpit.
• 40 gal fresh water tank with additional 20 gal bladder tank.
• Electric water pressure pump and back-up hand pump at sink.
• Princess 3-burner stove/oven on gimbal.
• Ice box with Weaco compressor/evap loop new in 2010.
• B&G "Hydra" instruments & processor, 2 mast displays, 2 bulkhead MFD displays.
• B&G autopilot systems with H3000 GPD pilot display with Gyro Compass.
• B&G RemoteVision wireless autopilot remote control/display
• Vertical carbon wind wand
• ICOM M504 VHF with DSC.
• Raymarine AIS transceiver, integrated into 12" Standard Horizon GPS chartplotter (new 2011)
• ShipModul Multiplexor to combine all instruments and GPS, then transmit to computer via Bluetooth.
• Ballenger aluminum mast (new 2007)
• Ballenger boom (new 2005)
• Carbon spinnaker pole
• Rod standing rigging (new in 2007)
• PBO backstay w/hydraulic adjuster
• Removable PBO babystay
• Harken 2-groove head foil (roller furler in storage w/o sail)
• Harken blocks.
• 9 Harken self-tailing winches
• All modern running rigging in very good condition.
• Misc. blocks, snatch blocks, winch handles, etc.
• Main 3DL ~ 2012 like new condition
• 155% (#1) Genoa 3DL 2010 good condition
• 95% (#3) Jib 3DL good condition
• 155% Jib Top 3DL 2010 very good condition
• Genoa Staysail NorthSails 2008 good condition
• Daisy Staysail/Drifter 2005 good condition
• S2 (half oz) NorthSails 2011 good condition
• S4 (3/4 oz) NorthSails 2008 OK condition
• S6 (1.5 oz) NorthSails 2011 good condition
• Shy kite (2.2 oz) NorthSails 2011 good condition
• Interior layout modified as follows:
. Dinette on port side
. "L" shaped counter/cabinet in galley area
. Pipe berths instead of torpedo tube quarter berths (see photo gallery)
. Engine box and lateral stringers in aft area rebuilt using Baltek panels
. Light weight, easily removable companionway stairs
For more info and to schedule a viewing, call my cell (415) 725-9581 or email: swaterloo"at"gmail.com.
Scroll up and click on the Photo Gallery link in the right column to see pictures.