Callisti

09 August 2015 | Sidney BC
05 March 2013 | Tenacatita
01 December 2012 | N 'N:W 'E, Punta Mita
01 December 2012 | 'N: 'W, Enroute to Punta Mita
27 November 2012 | Chacala, Mexico
07 October 2012 | 32 43.6'N:117 12.1'W, San Diego
17 September 2012 | 34 27'N:120 26'W, Coho Anchorage California
16 September 2012 | 35 10'N:120 44'W, San Luis Obispo, California
27 August 2012 | 37 51'N:122 29'W, Sausalito California
05 August 2012 | Gabriola

Highlights

27 November 2012 | Chacala, Mexico
Rebecca
Since Roland last posted there has been a LOT of water pass under our keel. Left San Diego with the 2012 Baja Ha Ha. The organization was great, but the pace, with only 2 on board was hard. Made it to Cabo, but were both sick from food at Bahia Santa Maria so were unable to enjoy the end of the Ha Ha festivities. From Cabo, it was an overnight to Mazatlan, and the El CID Marina. Lots of really friendly cruisers/liveaboards there. Explored the city, enjoyed the food, and the novelty of laying by the pool and having someone wait on us! Then another (our last!) overnight sail to Isla Isabel. Amazing spot. Snorkeled among hundreds of fish, hiked the island among hundreds (thousands?) of birds..3 kinds of boobies and frigates. Learned that the frigates are lazy, so will wait till a boobie catches a fish, then they grab the boobie by the tail (in midair) and shake it till it regurgitates its catch..incredible to watch. We felt sorry for the boobies. As we hiked they would sit on their nests (on the ground) and anxiously watch us..as if hoping we would do them no harm. The rock formations, teeming with birds, were like something out of Jurassic Park.
From Isabel, we had a lovely day sail to our current anchorage, Chacala. Small village on shore, beautiful homes in the hills. Today we will attempt our first check in with the Port Captain...hope someone is English speaking!
We are finally starting to relax. This trip has been much harder than I expected, but it is beginning to feel right. Last night's dinner of Mahi Mahi, in the cockpit, as the moon rose, was an "aha..finally" moment for me.
Comments
Vessel Name: Callisti
Vessel Make/Model: Waterline 50
Hailing Port: Vancouver, Canada
Crew: Roland and Rebecca Thiel (and Stella)
Callisti's Photos - Main
3 Photos
Created 2 December 2014