Log of Calypso

21 April 2024
08 February 2023
08 February 2023
04 February 2023
06 August 2022
01 August 2022 | Stonehaven, Scotland
28 July 2022
25 July 2022
22 July 2022 | Edinburgh, Scotland
21 July 2022 | Glasgow
19 July 2022 | Edinburgh Scotland
19 July 2022
25 June 2020
03 June 2019
03 May 2019 | Charleston, SC
01 May 2019 | Brunswick, Ga

Time Well Spent

30 January 2014 | At Anchor-Black Point Settlement
This morning after the weather Wendy took in a load of laundry. This is the first real laundry stop since Nassau. Keeping clean dry laundry that way in a dinghy brings its own challenges. We have found that a couple of Walmart “Dry Bags” work the best for us.

While the laundry was churning away Jeff changed the alternator. What? About a month ago we noticed a squeal while motoring. It seemed to come and go and has gotten progressively louder. We have adjusted the belt and looked high and low for the cause of this unnerving noise. Since we have a spare alternator on board it was the next easiest thing to change. Within 2 hours the new alternator was on and tested. All seems fine for now but we will keep watching (listening) to it.

With clean laundry, a new alternator, and a fresh baked coconut bread things were going well. What next?

We went back ashore with another load of School Supplies. The settlement has a much larger school and unlike the school at Staniel Cay, they do not want visitors walking into the school. Lorraine, of Loraine’s Café, is the central drop off point. They were all very appreciative to the HYC members for their help.


At 1600, we are heading in for the Thursday Happy Hour at Scorpios. We have convinced ourselves that we are going in celebration of our daughter’s birthday! With lots of boats in the anchorage, Wendy gave up counting at 60, it should be quite the gathering. Happy Birthday Shannon!

More Later,
US
Vessel Name: Ex-Calypso
Hailing Port: Morehead City, NC
Social:
Ex-Calypso's Photos - Main
Repair to Calypso's foredeck, mast step, rudder, & Seacock replacement
7 Photos
Created 3 November 2016