Caribbean Cruising Kids

03 November 2008 | Isla Margarita, VZ
05 April 2008 | Culebra, Spanish Virgin Islands

Welcome to our blog

05 April 2008 | Culebra, Spanish Virgin Islands
Michaela
We have decided to write a blog for all family's thinking of doing what we are doing. We hope to encourage others to take their kids out and cruise!
Our cruising started 7 months ago in Charleston, South Carolina. After a week in South Carolina, we headed up the ditch (the ICW)! Soon we were in Oriental, NC! The town of Oriental was wonderful: everyone was nice and we meet a ton of kids heading the same way we were. I recommend it a lot! We headed back down the ditch to Key Biscayne, FL. From there we crossed the Gulf Stream on our way to the Bahamas! The Bahamas were great; picture perfect beaches and crystal clear water. We buddy boated on and off with the family's we met in Oriental. Snorkeling and spear fishing added to our adventures. Then nearing the end of the Bahamas we had to say bye to a lot of our really good friends that had to head back home. That has been the hardest part about cruising, saying good bye. Seeing the Bahamas fad from view was sad but we knew there was more to come. After the Bahamas we went to the Dominican Republic. I loved it there. Very different from the Bahamas, it smelled tropical and looked it too! The weather was good so we crossed the Mona and made it to Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico was nice but the weather said to keep moving so we went to Vieques, SVI. Vieques was wonderful but after about a week we had to move on to meet family in our current location, Culebra, SVI. We have enjoyed family visiting; our Grandma came to Nassau, our Auntie Heidi came to the Exumas, and Uncle Brian and family came to Culebra. We are waiting for the swells to die down so we can head to the British Virgin Islands (BVI) to meet up with our friends aboard High Five. We are looking forward to our adventures as we head down the Caribbean Island chain. Stay tuned...
Comments
Vessel Name: Salt & Light
Hailing Port: Seattle, WA
Crew: Michaela, Liam, and Ethan
About: A blog on cruising the caribbean from a kids point of view.

Smile Mon :)

Who: Michaela, Liam, and Ethan
Port: Seattle, WA