Caribbean Rob

26 October 2010 | Home Port
22 October 2010 | Home Port
21 October 2010 | Home Port

Log 2

22 October 2010 | Home Port
36 Deg Light winds SW
October 22, I have come to the acceptance that Fall has squeezed the last of the juice out of Summer. The frost warning last night was over before it started. I don't see it but it's lurking in the corner.. I have as all seasonal boater have to do is make arrangements to pull the old girl our. I am fortunate enough to have a cradle to put my lady into. But its a brace around the bottom for her, she looses her freedom. Her dance and swing, Solid ground under her is no adventure but a imprisonment. Thrown in Iron's for six months. Southerners would see this and gasp at the thought. Knowing the water under them is still in liquid state, and warm against the hull.

Blasphemy, keeping a boat out of water. customs, and beliefs dictate that a A yacht is a recreational boat. The term originated from the Dutch Jacht meaning "hunt". It was originally defined as a light, fast sailing vessel used by the Dutch navy to pursue pirates and other transgressors around and into the shallow waters of the Low Countries.

So to put this hunter in irons for six months is a crime.
The only thing now as a landlubber for the next six months can do is watch Hockey and drink some hot coffee.. The pirates will have to wait till April.

Safe Journey, Always.
Comments
Vessel Name: Petit. bonheur
Vessel Make/Model: Mirage 26
Crew: Robbie
About: Live aboard Seasonal Canadian.

Caribbeanrob

Who: Robbie