Past Adventures of CaribbeanSouls & New Adventures of SeaGypsy

Living & cruising aboard

White House Bay

We left Virgin Gorda and went to St Martin.

St Martin was very pretty and had several really awesome bakeries... It was too easy to walk to a bakery and eat, eat & eat.... I do not understand how the French stay so skinny. They have wonderful pastries, cheeses, bread & wines. I would weigh a ton if we stayed around very long.

The harbor we anchored in was not swimmable, due to the number of boats with live-a-boards and no tidal exchange. Not nasty, just not clean... The bay outside the harbor was beautiful.

The people were very nice and friendly. Just wish I had taken French in school. It would have helped tremendously at the grocery store. I had to ask a lady to read the package for me, so I would know what kind of flour I was buying. Plus, the French language is just a very pretty sounding language.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we left St Martin, we ended up at Anse de Colombier on St Barts. Another French Island.

The bay was beautiful We hiked over one of the hills into a small town for an ice cream... The hike was nice and the views from atop the hill were magnificent...

We left the bay and went to Gustavia harbor. This is where we cleared customs and immigration. (Checked in & out at one time) We spent only one night in the harbor, as it was so rolly. The boat never stopped rolling, so needless to say, we did not sleep much that night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are now anchored in White House Bay on St Kitts. We will just fly the 'Q'flag and not go ashore to check in.

We were going to go into town and explore, but by the time you hire a taxi, pay entrance & exit fees, eat lunch and taxi back to the bay, we would spend a small fortune. Any way, I figure the town is going to be like the last couple with lots of duty free shops for the cruise ship people and not much that we would really be interested in. Although, I am always good for lunch...

The bay here is a nice, well protected bay with a beautiful view. We may get in the water and do some snorkeling. The is a small ship wreck not far from where we anchored, so may go take a peek at it.

We leave in the morning for Antigua. We will be spending several weeks there. There is going to be a couple of Sailing regattas that Tim wants to see.


Comments