Sailing and Climbing Triplets

01 January 2015 | Key West, Florida
04 July 2013 | Rome and Orvieto, Italy
14 June 2012
15 August 2010 | Monterey, California
20 July 2009 | Quetico Park, Canada
09 December 2007
20 November 2007
16 November 2007
06 November 2007
03 November 2007
31 October 2007
15 October 2007
15 September 2007
13 September 2007
09 September 2007
07 September 2007
30 August 2007
29 August 2007

Life on the Rio

03 November 2007
Because the weather in the Western Caribbean has been tough the past couple of weeks (a couple of tropical depressions), we have been in the Rio Dulce a little longer than we planned. As a result, we have been doing a few things on the river. We met another family on a boat from Houston. They are Paul and Lora Guajardo along with their five boys (with ages ranging from 3 to 14) on their boat called Boisterous. We have been spending some time with them on the river along with another family of five on a boat from Canada. We have been water skiing, knee boarding, and wake boarding in the river behind our dinghies. Cameron actually got up on water skis behind our inflatable dinghy with a 10 hp motor. We also can pull a knee board. The other boats have larger dinghies and can pull the kids on a wake board and water skis. We also spent a day at a Guatemalan water park near the town of Rio Hondo. It was great fun because when we arrived at the water park after a 2 � hour bus ride, the park was closed. But since we showed up with 10 kids after a long bus ride, they agreed to open the park on a limited basis. They opened each water slide one at a time for us. It was nice because there were very few people in the park.

Cameron and Travis also were able to go parasailing on the river recently. We were a little leery about letting them go because of the way they launch the sail. You have to stand on a floating dock with a couple of guys holding the parasail behind you. You are attached by a long line to a boat out in the river. When the boat driver says go and guns the outboard, the parasailor has to start running down the dock until enough lift is generated by the parasail to lift him up. The week before a guy fell while running down the dock with the boat pulling him. He ripped his leg open and had to be carted off to the hospital. But everything went off without a hitch and Cameron and Travis had great rides up and down the river. Cameron is coming in for a landing above.
Vessel Name: Cayuse
Vessel Make/Model: Tayana 52
Hailing Port: Houston, Texas
Crew: The Haltoms
About: Marsha, Hal, Cameron, Haley, and Travis
Extra: The Haltoms are off cruising again.

Sailing on Cayuse

Who: The Haltoms
Port: Houston, Texas