Celerity Sailing

Up the Alligator River

23 May 2013 | Tuckahoe Point
We spent 2 lumpy nights at Tuckahoe Point....chance to store lots of items I had tossed in cockpit and down below to finally leave Jordan Creek behind.

LIke I did for Molly last year, the search for a dog potty spot at Tuckahoe Point is fruitless....all salt grass and marsh. Bob commented that some information he had mentioned a boat ramp in area....but he couldn't locate it with his dinghy. I managed to flag down 2 elderly guys in a small skiff...asked about ramp. One of them looked at Celerity from stem to stern and said that he didn't think I could get my boat into the area with the ramp!!!!! I explained about the dinghy and dog trip ashore...he gave directions to the ramp (see pic in Gallery for pic of anchorage area). Bob found it and made Sweeney a very happy dog.

Anchors aweigh at 0730. Run up the Alligator could have been easier....wind WSW 10-20 with intermittent rain (again!). Discovered that Celerity had a stow-away onboard....ratted out by Abigail.....a small green tree frog. See pic in Galley section. He (she?) rode on dodger...and then disappeared.....hasn't been seen again. Have accused Abigail of committing a foul deed...

Pooka had reservation at Alligator River Marina, for his dog, Sweeney, since he is not trained to do his business onboard. Celerity eased her way into an anchorage spot in Little Alligator River. Two more sailboats and a trawler also spent the night. I would have a chance to meet the capts of the trawler and one of the sailboats the next day.....
Comments
Vessel Name: Celerity
Vessel Make/Model: Morgan 382
Hailing Port: Jordan Creek
Crew: Melinda and Abigail
About: Canine first mate.

Who: Melinda and Abigail
Port: Jordan Creek