Celerity Sailing

Fishing Bay Here We Come

02 June 2013
June 2- Celerity and Tank spent 3 wonderful days anchored off of Severn River Marina but then it was time to continue our adventure. SSW wind was blowing 15, gusts to 20 so I was able to put up the Drifter for first time this trip. Jim on S/V Tank said I was cheating! Fishing Bay is a wonderful anchorage…make many twists and turns to avoid shallow areas…located just on other side of spit of land from busy and hectic Deltaville, VA. We anchored off Fishing Bay Harbor Marina and the Chesapeake Boat Works yard. The folks at Chesapeake Boat Works could not have been more hospitable and generous…they let us borrow their courtesy car so Jim could take me out to lunch at The Galley in Deltaville…and made a quick stop at West Marine (is it possible to drive by one and not stop?). We highly recommend the yard……
June 3- Wind blew 25+ NNE with heavy rain and T-storms next day so we hunkered down and were well protected from the winds and waves. You could see the tops of the trees being tossed about but only gentle breeze on our side of the spit of land. Nice cool weather!
Tank developed engine overheating problems…so we delayed departure another day….he had to order a part so departure was delayed…..
Comments
Vessel Name: Celerity
Vessel Make/Model: Morgan 382
Hailing Port: Jordan Creek
Crew: Melinda and Abigail
About: Canine first mate.

Who: Melinda and Abigail
Port: Jordan Creek