Sailing Centime

Heidi Love & Dennis Jud

22 October 2016 | Seattle, WA
21 October 2016 | Seattle, WA
18 August 2015 | Taha'a, Coral Gardens
17 August 2015 | Taha'a, Coral Gardens - part 2
17 July 2015 | Taha'a
16 July 2015 | Taha'a Part 2
15 July 2015 | Taha'a Part 3
06 July 2015 | Moorea
03 July 2015 | Moorea
02 July 2015
01 July 2015 | Moorea, FP
29 June 2015 | South Fakarava, French Polynesia
28 June 2015 | South Fakaava
26 June 2015 | South Fakarava, French Polynesia
23 June 2015 | Fakarava, French Polynesia
21 June 2015 | Fakarava Atoll - North
10 June 2015 | Makemo, Tuamotus
04 June 2015 | Bay of Virgins, Fatu Hiva, Marquesas, French Polynesia
21 May 2015 | Taiohae Bay, Nuku Hiva

Postcard

24 January 2013 | Sandy Spit, BVI
Heidi
"Your life is a postcard," remarked our friend Phyllis. We had picked her and her husband Allen up in St Thomas and after a brief stint in St John, we sailed together to Little Jost Van Dyke in the British Virgin Islands. Her comment the following morning started the day's adventure. We took the dingy into Sandy Spit - a beautiful tiny island with gorgeous white sand on all sides, palm trees on top, and all of it surrounded by azure water. The water is perfect, with several shades of vibrant blues, and just the right temperature, cooling from the tropical sun yet warm enough to luxuriate in it for hours.
Allen and Phyllis have been friends with Dennis since his college days, more recently I’ve been blessed to enjoy their company too. Phyllis wears a great smile most all the time, and Allen keeps things lively with his guitar playing and singing. It’s great fun to share songs on the boat for sure.

Anyway, I swam across from Sandy to Green Cay, less than a quarter of a mile, looking at a triggerfish, blue tang and a school of parrotfish on the way. Large pelicans were diving for fish, looking a bit prehistoric with their large wings collapsing into their dives. On Green Cay I hiked to the top for a panoramic view of Sandy and Jost nearby, and large Tortola behind. It also gave me a birdseye view of Centime and her lovely anchorage.

Later the four of us went by dingy to climb Little Jost. The view was spectacular. I chose a large high rock to sit on at the top. And then, just when I began to think that someday I could live in the Virgin Islands again, we were treated to a visit by an osprey - a good omen - for a postcard picture perfect day!
Comments
Vessel Name: Centime
Vessel Make/Model: 43.6 LOA Shearwater 39
Hailing Port: Portland, Maine
Crew: Heidi Love and Dennis Jud
Centime's Photos - Main
Panama, so far, then into the Pacific
No Photos
Created 25 December 2014
Random shots of our adventure so far in the Caribbean, plus some from before we left and on the way to Tortola.
18 Photos
Created 22 February 2012
From landlubbers to Cruisers in the making
3 Photos
Created 4 February 2012