Cruising with Castor

The Rain In Spain Stays Mainly On The Plain!

25 July 2011
It's not true,
we are in Puerto Colom, Mallorca and it's been raining cats and dogs all day, the sound of the rain hitting the water is so loud its like being under a waterfall. We can't complain it's the first real rain we have experienced since arriving here in the Med. Other than the need to push away the puddles weighing down our bimini cover, it's quite fun, at least Castor is having his first clean up in two months! Faced with adversity a sailor can always turn a bad thing to his advantage, some of our neighbours in the anchorage are on their decks showering. Chantal is at this moment in her swimming costume wiping down the coach roof of Castor, what dedication........I'm down in the cosy cabin writing this blog. Since leaving mainland Spain we have only spent one night on a local authority pontoon and that was to pick up Chantal's nephew Pierre in Port de Soller, today we are moored on a visitors buoy in the harbour. We intend staying here for a few days and hire a car to tour the Island........... if it stops raining!
Comments
Vessel Name: Castor
Vessel Make/Model: Hallberg Rassy 37
Hailing Port: Gosport UK
Crew: David & Chantal

Who: David & Chantal
Port: Gosport UK