Cruising with Castor

Caged in Cannes

01 July 2012
I took this photo from the balcony of our apartment in Cannes, it indicates our feelings aptly. We hoped to have been back on Castor by now and sailing off to some exotic location. Unfortunately we are still waiting for a kitchen fitter to finish our new kitchen, we didn’t ask for much, we ordered our new kitchen last March we were given a date in May for the installation and like idiots we expected it to arrive and be installed as requested and paid for! But life, its not like that is it? I shouldn’t be so hard on them it did arrive on time, our builders had prepared the kitchen with new walls, floor and lowered ceiling, all the new electrics and plumbing were in place, was it the kitchen fitters fault the stone worktop was cracked, was it their fault one of the wall units was too big and should I have expected them to know all the end panels were missing and the built in dishwasher door wouldn’t open because they forgot to trim down a floor panel, I could go on for hours telling you about all the telephone calls and visits to the showroom or the many visits from the fitters but I will not bore you with all this only to say we have the new worktop and cupboard waiting on the balcony and they have promised to return next week and finish the installation.

That said, like idiots we are now making plans, we leave Cannes next weekend and after a few trips to the supermarket in Barcelona to stock up we head out to Ibiza for the start of our summer cruise. In the mean time we are keeping our fingers and everything else crossed hoping that the kitchen fitters will not also take as for idiots!
Comments
Vessel Name: Castor
Vessel Make/Model: Hallberg Rassy 37
Hailing Port: Gosport UK
Crew: David & Chantal

Who: David & Chantal
Port: Gosport UK