s/v Chanticleer

02 September 2018 | Sailing to Onset
29 August 2018 | Thuya Gardens
31 July 2018 | Anchorage in the Goslings - Chanticleer is the middle boat
26 July 2018 | Bob In Gloucester
23 July 2018 | Offshore on the way to Block Island
17 July 2018 | Sunrise at Reedy Island, Delaware Bay
01 September 2016
30 August 2016
30 August 2016
29 August 2016
29 August 2016
26 August 2016
18 August 2016

Swans Island, Burnt Coat Harbor - Frenchboro

03 August 2016
Sweet Chariot Singin' Sloop


Grayce, Restless and Chanticleer sailed out the next morning to Burnt Coat Harbor, on Swan's Island, a new cruising spot for us. After anchoring out we explored the island. It's a working harbor with lots of lobsterman. However we were fortunate to arrive when they were having their annual 3 day Sweet Chariot Music and Arts Festival. At 4pm a schooner filled with many of the musicians meandered through the harbor singing sea chanties to all who would listen Local and not so local artists entertained us with great music and song that evening. It was truly fabulous, we loved it!

From Burnt Coat Harbor it was a short hop to Frenchboro, on Long Island: a gem and one of our favorite stops. It's a small harbor with one of the best Lobster Pounds around. That's right, lobster again. The other attributes of Frenchboro are the very nice hiking trails that surround the island and a terrific library, that is open 24/7, with computers and internet. This on an island with only about 45 year-round residents. If you're there after dark, just close the lights and door when you leave. Amazing.

Comments
Vessel Name: Chanticleer
Vessel Make/Model: Endeavour 42
Hailing Port: Tipers Creek, Virginia
Crew: Pat and Bob Sikora